This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ilkevinli View Post
    Ok I got my issue corrected by deleted the thermostat from Nest and re-adding it.

I have another question. When I connect using HSTouch app and click on Home/Away (See photo), it takes me to the Climate section but all it shows is zeros (See photo). Does it not support that for some reason ? Thanks Spud.

I partially implemented the thermostat API for this plugin, I didn't know this would have this effect. I will have a look and try to fully implement it if possible.

Comment

Thanks !!

Originally posted by spud View Post
      I partially implemented the thermostat API for this plugin, I didn't know this would have this effect. I will have a look and try to fully implement it if possible.

Comment

version 3.0.0.5

In version 3.0.0.5 (available on first post of this thread), I have added a fan device, and I have fixed the implementation of the thermostat API. Now only thermostats will show up in the climate screen in HSTouch, and you will be able to control target temperature from there.

I'm still not sure how the control for fan and mode is supposed to work in the thermostat API, I will ask HST guys.

before starting the new version delete your existing Nest devices, and they will be recreated correctly by the plugin.

Comment

Hi Spud,
          Not sure about anyone else, but it is still only showing 0's. I followed the directions in the 1st post and deleted the devices before upgrading. I now see the new fan device, but the NEST is not working in the HSTouch climate section. Looks just like the screenshot above.

In version 3.0.0.5 (available on first post of this thread), I have added a fan device, and I have fixed the implementation of the thermostat API. Now only thermostats will show up in the climate screen in HSTouch, and you will be able to control target temperature from there.

I'm still not sure how the control for fan and mode is supposed to work in the thermostat API, I will ask HST guys.

before starting the new version delete your existing Nest devices, and they will be recreated correctly by the plugin.

Comment

make sure to completely close your HSTouch client, then restart it so that it reloads all your devices.

It works fine here on my Android device

Comment

I did try that. Not working here. Not sure why it works for you. I just tried on my wifes android phone and it is also showing zeros. If you want, I can give you my login information if you would like to test. Just let me know and I'll PM you.

Do you think it has something to do with me using a custom HSTouch port ?

make sure to completely close your HSTouch client, then restart it so that it reloads all your devices.

It works fine here on my Android device

Comment

what version of HSTouch and HSTouch server do you run?
                I have HSTouch server 3.0.0.47
                HSTouch Android 1.0.94

from the device management screen click on your target temperature device and check if you have the same value tat in the screenshot below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	thermostatapi.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	1174645

Comment

I'm using HSTouch Server version 3.0.0.47
                  HSTouch for iOS version 2.15
                  Wife andriod version 1.0.94

Here is my screenshot:

Comment

assuming the screenshot is for your Ambient temperature device, then everything looks correct.

very weird....

please send me your login information by email

Comment

Sent. Thanks for the help.

assuming the screenshot is for your Ambient temperature device, then everything looks correct.

very weird....

please send me your login information by email

Comment

Originally posted by ilkevinli View Post
                        Sent. Thanks for the help.
                        Problem solved. It turned out it was an issue with the root device: you can't mark it as hidden if you want to see your Nest thermostat in HSTouch in the climate section.

Comment

Plugin Errors

Get the following message when I load up the plugin.

**FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Nest - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces.

Had this on other plugins until I figured out the proper loading. This one is not cooperating.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by stech99 View Post
                            Get the following message when I load up the plugin.

**FATAL**: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Nest - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces.

Had this on other plugins until I figured out the proper loading. This one is not cooperating.

Thanks
                            please post what you have in the log

do you have .NET 4.5 installed?

Comment

please post what you have in the log

do you have .NET 4.5 installed?
                              Nothing in the log that I can see aside from this

8/29/2014 11:35:03 AM ~!~Error~!~Starting plug-in exe process: The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.

or am I look at the wrong log? The one from the opening menu? Sorry a newbie to the system.

. . . .net4.5 wont load on the Homeseer xp box I have

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by stech99 View Post
                                Nothing in the log that I can see aside from this

8/29/2014 11:35:03 AM ~!~Error~!~Starting plug-in exe process: The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.

or am I look at the wrong log? The one from the opening menu? Sorry a newbie to the system.

. . . .net4.5 wont load on the Homeseer xp box I have

Any other suggestions?
                                the plugin needs net4.5, so right now you won't be able to run it on win XP, sorry.
                                this has been reported by several other users, so I'm going to see if I can make a version that works with .net 4

Comment

Working...
                                X