This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jscottneal View Post
    I have the latest beta of the Nest plug in and I am using the Linux beta of HS3. When I try to configure and link the plug in to the Nest, I go to the Nest page, get the activation pin, input into the form on the plug in configuration. When I hit done, nothing happens and it just hangs. Have tried multiple times and have deleted the Works With Nest entries for this and tried again. I saw someone else with this problem and they alluded to the fact that it was a firewall issue, but nothing else.

I have this as a log entry and any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Scott

DEBUG System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Numerics, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. File name: 'System.Numerics, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.DefaultContractResolver.IsJson PrimitiveType (System.Type t) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.DefaultContractResolver.Create Contract (System.Type objectType) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.DefaultContractResolver.Resolv eContract (System.Type type) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.G etContractSafe (System.Type type) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.D eserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.Deserialize (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Type objectType) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject (System.String value, System.Type type, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings settings) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[AccessTokenResponse] (System.String value, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializerSettings settings) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[AccessTokenResponse] (System.String value) [0x00000] in :0 at NestSharp.NestClient.GetAccessToken (System.String pin) [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_Nest.WebConfig.postBackProc (System.String page, System.String data, System.String user, Int32 userRights) [0x00000] in :0
    what version of mono do you run? the plugin needs version 3.x.
    to know type the following command:
    Code:
    mono --version
    also your logs shows that the System.Numerics dll is missing, to install it, try:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libmono-system-numerics4.0-cil

Comment

Still Broken

Updated to 3.0.6 Mono and added the system.numerics. Shows as having current installed version of Numerics, but still get the following error:

DEBUG System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Numerics.BigInteger.Parse'. at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue () [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal () [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadAsInt32Internal () [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadAsInt32 () [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.R eadForType (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.P opulateObject (System.Object newObject, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonObjectContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, System.String id) [0x00000] in :0

Originally posted by spud View Post
      what version of mono do you run? the plugin needs version 3.x.
      to know type the following command:
      Code:
      mono --version
      also your logs shows that the System.Numerics dll is missing, to install it, try:
      Code:

Comment

Updated to 3.0.6 Mono and added the system.numerics. Shows as having current installed version of Numerics, but still get the following error:

DEBUG System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Numerics.BigInteger.Parse'. at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue () [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal () [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadAsInt32Internal () [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadAsInt32 () [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.R eadForType (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter) [0x00000] in :0 at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.P opulateObject (System.Object newObject, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonObjectContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, System.String id) [0x00000] in :0
        can you try to put the attached version of System.Numerics.dll in bin/Nest
        then restart the plugin
        Attached Files

Comment

No Joy. Hangs when hit done. Logs Attached.

DEBUG System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred. at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[d__f] (FirebaseSharp.d__f& stateMachine) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1[FirebaseSharp.Response].Start[d__f] (FirebaseSharp.d__f& stateMachine) [0x00000] in :0 at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.GetStreamingAsync (System.String path, FirebaseSharp.DataUpdatedEventHandler updated) [0x00000] in :0 at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.GetStreaming (System.String path, FirebaseSharp.DataUpdatedEventHandler updated) [0x00000] in :0 at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData () [0x00000] in :0

can you try to put the attached version of System.Numerics.dll in bin/Nest
          then restart the plugin

Comment

DEBUG System.TypeLoadException: A type load exception has occurred. at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[d__f] (FirebaseSharp.d__f& stateMachine) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1[FirebaseSharp.Response].Start[d__f] (FirebaseSharp.d__f& stateMachine) [0x00000] in :0 at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.GetStreamingAsync (System.String path, FirebaseSharp.DataUpdatedEventHandler updated) [0x00000] in :0 at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.GetStreaming (System.String path, FirebaseSharp.DataUpdatedEventHandler updated) [0x00000] in :0 at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData () [0x00000] in :0
            Can you try to upgrade to a most recent version of mono?
            I said you needed 3.x, but apparently I may be wrong.
            Here, I tested the plugin on Ubuntu with mono 3.2.8 and it works fine. Other users have successfully tested it on the Hometroller SEL which comes with mono 3.2.8 as well.

So, can you upgrade to mono 3.2.8 or later ?

Comment

Trouble in Linux HS3

Hi -

Just downloaded the plugin and tried to authorize and enter my PIN. I type it in, hit Done, and nothing happens. The log repeated the following errors:

Nest ERROR An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils

As mentioned in the title, I'm running this under Linux (MONO).

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrorpi View Post
                Hi -

Just downloaded the plugin and tried to authorize and enter my PIN. I type it in, hit Done, and nothing happens. The log repeated the following errors:

Nest ERROR An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils

As mentioned in the title, I'm running this under Linux (MONO).

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Thanks!
                what version of mono do you run?
                you need mono 3.2.8 or later

you may need to install the System.Numerics.dll
                Code:
                also please set the log level to debug, and post all the log lines.

Comment

Just a general gripe for program updates, not just you spud!

It would be great if changelogs listed version number AND date so we can better tell 1) the age of the latest version and 2) if changes mentioned in posts might be reflected in the latest version.

Other than that... just downloaded the plugin and can't wait for my Hue to arrive to begin testing!

Comment

Originally posted by santiagodraco View Post
                    Just a general gripe for program updates, not just you spud!

It would be great if changelogs listed version number AND date so we can better tell 1) the age of the latest version and 2) if changes mentioned in posts might be reflected in the latest version.
                    ok I'll try to add the date for future versions
                    note that the "last edited" date that shows at the end of first post is usually the date of the latest version posted

Originally posted by santiagodraco View Post
                    Other than that... just downloaded the plugin and can't wait for my Hue to arrive to begin testing!
                    you meant Nest, right?

Comment

Nest has recently added the HVAC state (Heating, Cooling, Idle) to its API.
                      So in version 3.0.0.14 of the plugin, the HVAC status device now reports the actual state of the HVAC system (Heating, Cooling, Idle), rather than being inferred from current and target temperatures.

To benefit from this update you need to allow the HomeSeer plugin to read this new field. Look at your messages in your Nest account:

Click image for larger version

Name:	clientupdate2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	1178887

Comment

Spud

Are we waiting on HST to post the .14 version to the updater?

Cheers
                        James
                        cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                          Spud

Are we waiting on HST to post the .14 version to the updater?

Cheers
                          James
                          no, you can download it from first post of this thread

Comment

no, you can download it from first post of this thread
                            Great. Thanks
                            cheeryfool

Comment

Is there a HS2PRO version of a NEST plugin?

Thanks

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by edwilloughby View Post
                                Is there a HS2PRO version of a NEST plugin?

Thanks

Ed
                                No

Comment

Working...
                                X