Report operating state?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    yes I could add a virtual device with this logic, but you would have to be aware that it wouldn't match perfectly the actual behavior of your thermostat. There are edge cases when ambient temp is close to target temp where the Nest thermostat does not seem to use this simple logic:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...ing-or-cooling
    Thanks Spud. For me, even with the fuzziness at the edges (system will sometimes be on when the virtual device says off and vice versa) the function would still be helpful. I use it to trigger a few events and if there is an overlap there is no real issue, just a little electricity waste. If you put that into the next release I'd appreciate it. But if you see it as more of an issue/confusion than benefit, I'll complete understand too.

Comment

Originally posted by Keoni View Post
      Thanks Spud. For me, even with the fuzziness at the edges (system will sometimes be on when the virtual device says off and vice versa) the function would still be helpful. I use it to trigger a few events and if there is an overlap there is no real issue, just a little electricity waste. If you put that into the next release I'd appreciate it. But if you see it as more of an issue/confusion than benefit, I'll complete understand too.
      ok, I will add this virtual device in the next version of the plugin.
      the humidity % has just been added in version 1.1 of the official API, so there is hope to see HVAC status added to the API as well in a future version.

I have added a feature suggestion here: https://community.nest.com/ideas/4101
      Please upvote it and comment!

Comment

Thanks Spud. And I appreciate the entry in the Nest community - my up-vote is logged!

Comment

I have added a " HVAC status" device as well as a Humidity device in version 3.0.0.9 available here

Comment

spud,I am not sure if anyone else can confirm but my humidity setting doesnt seem to change. I am sitting at 27% now on the nest and through the app but HS is showing 25 which is what it was when I enabled this version.

Comment

Originally posted by KoryDoubleYou View Post
              spud,I am not sure if anyone else can confirm but my humidity setting doesnt seem to change. I am sitting at 27% now on the nest and through the app but HS is showing 25 which is what it was when I enabled this version.
              In your Nest account, have you allowed the update for the HomeSeer Nest plugin?

Click image for larger version

Name:	clientupdate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1175244

Comment

I did yes and it created the 2 new devices. The hvac status does change as it follows your logic. No errors showing in the log. I'll check the debug and see if the values being passed are correct.

Comment

So I can confirm now that once it hit 30% it did update within homeseer. is this a limitation of the api or is it my coordination between homeseer and nest?

Comment

Originally posted by KoryDoubleYou View Post
                    So I can confirm now that once it hit 30% it did update within homeseer. is this a limitation of the api or is it my coordination between homeseer and nest?
                    it's on Nest side, it looks like they round the humidity to the nearest 5%, I'm not sure if this is a bug or done on purpose, but right now there is nothing I can do to fix this.

Comment

Not a problem, good to know its on the best side and not an issue with my setup. Thanks spud.

Comment

Working...
                      X