Failed to get InterfaceStatus from Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to get InterfaceStatus from Nest

Hello, I'm trying plugin for NEST thermostats but I can't get it to work.

I have created account with nest.. I did follow process as described for installation, authorization.

When I enter pincode and click OK I get no respond or confirmation. Nothing is happening. No devices are created. When I go to plugin page I see error bellow.

CRITICAL: Failed to get InterfaceStatus from Nest: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

What am I missing?

Thanks Charles

I'm using 3.0.0.11 version of plugin in trial mode on Windows 7 HS3 HomeTroller S6 ..

After I restart Hometroller Nest plug-in Status is OK but still no devices.. '

Can anyone help me to troubleshoot it?

Thanks. Charles
    Last edited by Charles_cz; December 20, 2014, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Can you set the log level to debug then restart the plugin then post your log lines.

Thanks

Comment

I sure can.. Let me just figure out how to do it.. I new to HS..

Comment

Originally posted by Charles_cz View Post
          I sure can.. Let me just figure out how to do it.. I new to HS..
          the log level I'm talking about can be changed from the web interface menu PLUG-INS > Nest > Config

Comment

Done.. Does this help?

Code:
            Dec-20 3:26:51 PM	 	Nest	DEBUG Retrying in 5 seconds...
            Dec-20 3:26:51 PM	 	Nest	DEBUG System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047) File name: 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.GetStreamingAsync(String path, DataUpdatedEventHandler updated) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.GetStreaming(String path, DataUpdatedEventHandler updated) at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData() WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
            Dec-20 3:26:46 PM	 	Nest	DEBUG Retrying in 5 seconds...
            Dec-20 3:26:46 PM	 	Nest	DEBUG System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047) File name: 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.GetStreamingAsync(String path, DataUpdatedEventHandler updated) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.GetStreaming(String path, DataUpdatedEventHandler updated) at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData() WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Comment

yes it helps, you need to install the following patch for the NET4 framework:
              http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=3556

as written in the user guide

Comment

Actually I have read the guide was going to do that but the error was different so I wanted to ask first..

I will do that and post update..

Thank you.

Comment

It has helped.... Thank you.. I'm going to play with it now and will be purchasing soon..

Comment

Working...
                  X