Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pushalot send RFXcom sensor panel message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushalot send RFXcom sensor panel message?

I'm trying to figure out the best way to send the sensor panel string from the RFXcom plugin.

The RFXcom has an example on how to send an e-mail with a vb script:

Code:
    Sub Main(Optional ByVal pParms As String = "")     
         message = hs.PluginFunction("RFXCOM","","GetLastSensorMessage", nothing)
         hs.SendEmail("tst@hotmail.com", "tst@mserv.nl", "Sensor", message) 
    End Sub
    Are there pushalot scripting commands I could use to send the message? In case it is not obvious I do not have much experience with scripting in HS. I like the plugin! Any help is much appreciated.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
    Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
    Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

No, there are currently no scripting options with the Pushalot plugin. Perhaps you could create an event to send the message, use replacement variables for the title and/or message to reflect the RFXcom text and run the event from the script (with hs.TriggerEvent("EventName"))?

But I don't think adding a scripting option to the plugin is all that difficult so please convince me that it is really necessary and I will consider adding it
    stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
      No, there are currently no scripting options with the Pushalot plugin. Perhaps you could create an event to send the message, use replacement variables for the title and/or message to reflect the RFXcom text and run the event from the script (with hs.TriggerEvent("EventName"))?

But I don't think adding a scripting option to the plugin is all that difficult so please convince me that it is really necessary and I will consider adding it
      How would I use a replacement variable to get the string from the RFXcom device?

I have a lot of windows 8 devices, and a lot of iOS devices. For the windows devices your plugin works great, for the iOS devices I use the pushover plugin which works great. For many notifications I want them on both groups of devices. Even though the pushover plugin has scripting I have not figured out how to do this with that yet--though I only tried briefly today. If you want to add scripting there may be others that use it. If you do I will update this thread with how I use it. I am a scripting newb, so not sure how much help I can be.

Oh, and thanks again for the plugin!

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Whoeps... I was just checking the code to see if I could implement a script function... but it seems I though of this before! The function has always been there, I just "forgot" to document it

Here is the function:
        Public Function SendPushalot(Title As String, Body As String, IsImportant As Boolean, IsSilent As Boolean, Optional Source As String = "Homeseer", Optional Image As String = "", Optional TimeToLive As Integer = 43200, Optional LinkTitle As String = "", Optional Link As String = "") As Boolean

And here is a tested example:
        hs.PluginFunction("Pushalot", "", "SendPushalot", New Object() {"Title", "Body", True, False, "Homeseer", "http://homeseer.com/updates3/icons/Plug-In.gif", 1440, "", ""})

Good luck!
        stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
          Whoeps... I was just checking the code to see if I could implement a script function... but it seems I though of this before! The function has always been there, I just "forgot" to document it

Here is the function:
          Public Function SendPushalot(Title As String, Body As String, IsImportant As Boolean, IsSilent As Boolean, Optional Source As String = "Homeseer", Optional Image As String = "", Optional TimeToLive As Integer = 43200, Optional LinkTitle As String = "", Optional Link As String = "") As Boolean

And here is a tested example:
          hs.PluginFunction("Pushalot", "", "SendPushalot", New Object() {"Title", "Body", True, False, "Homeseer", "http://homeseer.com/updates3/icons/Plug-In.gif", 1440, "", ""})

Good luck!
          Thanks for the scripting--works perfectly! I'm still trying to debug the RFXcom script. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...53#post1165253
          Last edited by jlrichar; March 1, 2015, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X