Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    can you set the log level to debug, and send me your logs
    Don't know how or why, but a full hour there it wasn't working but now it is. If it happens again I'll send you the logs. thanks.

Comment

I take that back. Seems when I do "too many requests"? Really it only takes like 3-4. Pardon my ignorance but are there logs specific to the nest plugin or do you want my homeseer logs. I put a snippet of what I am getting with debug on.

Aug-01 6:13:01 PM Nest DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 429 (Too Many Requests). at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__3.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.SetTargetTemperature(String thermostatId, Double target, String scale) at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.ButtonPress(String buttonName, Double value, Int32 dvref) ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 429 (Too Many Requests). at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__3.MoveNext()<---
      Aug-01 6:13:01 PM Nest ERROR One or more errors occurred.
      Aug-01 6:13:00 PM Nest DEBUG PUT: path=devices/thermostats/SyE5pSBxL4Ny3e7pjueSjw_VumSUMP-v payload={"target_temperature_f":78}
      Aug-01 6:13:00 PM Device Control Device: Nest Target Temperature High to + (1001) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      Aug-01 6:12:57 PM Nest DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 429 (Too Many Requests). at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__3.MoveNext() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.SetTargetTemperature(String thermostatId, Double target, String scale) at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.ButtonPress(String buttonName, Double value, Int32 dvref) ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Response status code does not indicate success: 429 (Too Many Requests). at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSu ccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSucc ess(Task task) at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.d__3.MoveNext()<---
      Aug-01 6:12:57 PM Nest ERROR One or more errors occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
        I take that back. Seems when I do "too many requests"? Really it only takes like 3-4.
        this error means you have exceeded the quota.
        the Nest API apply some rate limits, there is a maximum number of requests one can do for a given period of time. From what I read this maximum is one request per minute with a one hour sliding window, meaning that you can do 60 request in 1 minute but then you won't be able to do anymore request for the next hour.

for more info read this:
        http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...mitations-last
        https://developer.nest.com/documenta...ta-rate-limits

so, wait a day or two, then you should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          this error means you have exceeded the quota.
          the Nest API apply some rate limits, there is a maximum number of requests one can do for a given period of time. From what I read this maximum is one request per minute with a one hour sliding window, meaning that you can do 60 request in 1 minute but then you won't be able to do anymore request for the next hour.

for more info read this:
          http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2...mitations-last
          https://developer.nest.com/documenta...ta-rate-limits

so, wait a day or two, then you should be fine

Gotcha. Thanks. So about 1 call per minute is the recommendation. That seems pretty lame (conservative) to me. It is google now after all, isn't it?

Comment

Hometroller

Spud,

Did you ever get the Nest plug in to work with Hometroller with XP? Paid for the app but never got much use on it after the June 11 error messages. Was waiting a couple months to see if it could be fixed. Not really wanting to upgrade after spending the cash for the Hometroller.

Thanks Brent

Comment

Originally posted by Brentc17 View Post
              Spud,

Did you ever get the Nest plug in to work with Hometroller with XP? Paid for the app but never got much use on it after the June 11 error messages. Was waiting a couple months to see if it could be fixed. Not really wanting to upgrade after spending the cash for the Hometroller.

Thanks Brent
              Unfortunately no. I don't think there is a simple fix for this problem.
              Windows XP support ended, more and more libraries now needs NET 4.5 to run which can't be installed on XP, so you will get more and more troubles if you try to install new plugins or software on your hometroller.

Comment

mine also stopped working
                RROR Kan bestand of assembly Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. De manifestdefinitie van de gevonden assembly komt niet overeen met de assembly-verwijzing. (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x80131040)

any toughts?

Comment

Originally posted by akatar View Post
                  mine also stopped working
                  RROR Kan bestand of assembly Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed of een van de afhankelijkheden hiervan niet laden. De manifestdefinitie van de gevonden assembly komt niet overeen met de assembly-verwijzing. (Uitzondering van HRESULT: 0x80131040)

any toughts?
                  you probably have a version of Newtonsoft.Json.dll installed in your HS3 root directory by another plugin that is causing a conflict. Delete it or rename it then restart the plugin.

The Newtonsoft.Json.dll should be in bin/Nest only

Comment

no, there is no version in the homseer 3 root
                    things i did:
                    remove plugin en reinstall it
                    remove the nest.ini
                    i can not autherize the nest plugin again, hen i get the error i mentioned

Comment

no, there is no version in the homseer 3 root
                      are you sure?
                      what other plugins do you have installed?

you can try to copy the file bin/Nest/Newtonsoft.Json.dll in your HS3 root folder, then restart the plugin. However this method is likely to cause conflicts if other plugin use the same dll.

Comment

i am sure
                        i copied the json file. restarted hs3 en other plungins started to crash, deleted it and all works fine

i added lots of plugins, only i did use nest months ago and i did not bought it, i bought the plugin a couple of days ago and now i see that it won't work anymore

Comment

i am sure
                          i copied the json file. restarted hs3 en other plungins started to crash, deleted it and all works fine
                          are you saying that now everything works fine, including the Nest plugin?
                          which other plugins started to crash?

i added lots of plugins
                          please give me a list

Comment

all but the nest plugin

plugins i added
                            apcuspd
                            bldenon
                            iautomate
                            jowihue
                            synologydm
                            P1
                            Pushover
                            ultraweatherwu3

Comment

i copied the json file. restarted hs3 en other plungins started to crash
                              when you did that, did it at least, allow the Nest plugin to work fine?

when it doesn't work do you always see this exact same error?

Comment

no, the nest plugin don't work then

i don't get errors, only when i want to authorize i get this error
                                ( i need to authorize)

Comment

Working...
                                X