Thermostat control with Echo's HS skill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat control with Echo's HS skill

How do I control my thermostat using the Amazon Echo skill? I am not using the new API, but that requires you to say, "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to..." I tried with "set the heat to 69 degrees," which is what HS heard (because I took it from the log that said so) but Alexa says the device couldn't be found. The HS page for Echo integration uses that exact phrase as a supported command, and since the device shows up as a native thermostat with controls in HSTouch, I thought I would be able to use what HS says are thermostat commands.

Do I instead need to use the device name and say, "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to set the Target Temperature to 69?"

Thanks,

Scott

Not much luck with the Echo to Thermostat control

Hello, I too am having issues getting the Echo and my Thermostat to work together. I have many other devices working well and I AM able to use a few thermostat functions.

For example, I can say:
    "Alexa, tell homeseer to set the thermostat mode to [ Cool, Heat, Off ]
    "Alexa, tell homeseer to set the thermostat fan mode to [ On, Auto ]

I cannot get any temperature functions to work though. I am using both the Skill as well as the API. The API scans and only sees my thermostat related devices as 'Cool Temp' and 'Heat Temp'. No other thermostat options, the API mostly sees Lights (UPB devices), and one or two Z-Wave devices. It certainly does not see most of them.

Perhaps I am just trying to do too much too fast and the updates don't include the features yet.

Joel

Comment

I've figured it out, essentially, it looks at the Temperature as if it's a dimmer.
      So what you do, is tell it to go to say, 70 Percent, in stead of 70 degrees.

We should put in a request with HS to add Degrees or the option to completely ignore degrees/percent in voice commands...

Comment

Working...
      X