X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware 5.19

I see a link for Firmware 5.19 for the HomeSeer Dimmer switches
    I have not loaded it yet but will be tonight

I wish there was a way to update all switches at once. I have a lot of them to update
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Fortunately, I got so tired of not being able to find a compatible br30 LED (one that doesn't flicker or buzz) that I purchased ~30 hs-ws100's rather than dimmers. I would have loved to use dimmers, but 95% of the lights in my home are br30's, and I haven't been able to find a compatible bulb. Thanks for pointing out 5.19 is out though, I'll update the 1 dimmer I have

Comment

Takes a bit to update one switch - I am not looking forward to doing them all
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Mark has stated previously that it's one-by-one to upgrade only. Citing z-wave congestion issues if I recall correctly. I haven't updated a single one yet - joy coming at some point.
        cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post
          Fortunately, I got so tired of not being able to find a compatible br30 LED (one that doesn't flicker or buzz)
          We have had good luck with a Philips warm glow LEDs both in A19 and BR30. Home Depot has them.

Michael
          Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
            We have had good luck with a Philips warm glow LEDs both in A19 and BR30. Home Depot has them.

Michael
            Any flicker or buzz? Maybe it's the can itself of mine, but the warm glows for me flicker

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

No flicker or buzz and they dim down to about 2%.

Firmware 5.16 is supposed to make HS dimmers compatible with more LEDs. We are still on 5.14.

Michael
              Michael

Comment

No flicker or buzz and they dim down to about 2%.

Firmware 5.16 is supposed to make HS dimmers compatible with more LEDs. We are still on 5.14.

Michael
                Good to know. I'm updating the firmware now. Any idea on the brand of your cans?

Comment

Originally posted by jon102034050 View Post
                  Any idea on the brand of your cans?
                  Contractor grade is my best guess.

Michael
                  Michael

Comment

Contractor grade is my best guess.

Michael
                    Likely the same for me, mine are only two years old, but I have yet to find an led or dimmer combo that works without flickering our buzzing. I'll report back once I test the new firmware out

Comment

Try the new Cree BR30 bulbs

Try the new Cree bulbs with the silver rings on them. Have a number of WD-100s and these are the best I have found so far. Have tried Phillips, Feit, Cree, Home Depot's house brand, and a few others.

Was having a big problem with dimmer / LED crosstalk (change one dimmer - another dimmer on the same circuit strobes, flickers, or changes brightness). The Cree bulbs aren't having these problems.

Cree BR series:
                      http://lighting.cree.com/products/indoor/lamps/br-series

Hope this info is useful to others!

Jason

Comment

Fine - I get the network congestion problem. We can't upgrade multiple dinners at the same time. Perfectly reasonable.

How about applying automation slightly differently? Have the computer automatically upgrade them all one by one overnight. I don't care if it takes 10 hours to do the upgrade. I just don't want to have to be at the keyboard for those 10 hours. I want to kick off the job and go to bed.

Thank you.

Comment

I just upgraded my first one from my iPhone. I put the HEC file on DropBox and then you can browse to it there from the Web UI on your phone. Obviously it's easier to do from a computer, but I want to be able to kick these off every 15 mins or so as I am working around the house - or for that matter on my commute.
                          cheeryfool

Comment

Just to clarify, if your dimmers are working ok, then don't bother to update, you won't see any change. Or update one and see if it helps with the LED bulbs. The change was for smoother dimming with some LED bulbs. The only other change is for instant status, but you already have that with HS so that change is only for other controllers.

Note that you will lose any parameter changes that you made when you update, those will have to be reset (such as dimming duration).
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rich, can you confirm that the 5.16 bug described in the thread below has been fixed in 5.19? There is no mention of it in the release notes, but so far I haven't had it happen with 5.19. I hope I haven't just been lucky. Thanks.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=187485

Comment

Working...
                              X