No announcement yet.

This Z-wave doorbell:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought about the sequence some more and I think the following will segregate the doorbell being pressed from a door being opened. That way you can have one chime play when the button is pressed, a different chime play when a door is opened (and a different event triggers the chime).
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Qbus View Post
      You have to edit a parameter for it to send feedback on remote button pushes.
      which parameter is that? And does anyone have a working list for the different parameters and values?

Comment

I'm not sure why that previous link didn't work. However, use this link then click on #12 for Gen 5 doorbell.

https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support...0088070-gen5-6

Comment

Originally posted by mlevin77 View Post
          since we can send Z-wave commands to the doorbell, presumably then we can buy any other Z-wave button device and set a rule to serve as the trigger? Anyone know an outdoor-rated Z-wave button fob?

One solution you might try is to use a relay and a dry contact z-wave sensor. That way you can use any doorbell button you like that will survive the weather better. The relay and sensor I have fit inside my doorbell ringer inside the house so little chance to get exposed to weather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
          Plugin's:
          BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
          EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
          weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I have my door bell events working well with one exception. Sometimes the doorbell rings once (which is what I have it set for), sometimes it rings two, three or four times.

I have three doors with a different chime for each door. I set parameter 6 to the file I want played and I get the chime for the door that opened. Parameter 6 sets the tune to be played and plays it.

I don't see the "Z-wave action" in the log and I wonder what I have to do to confirm that only one command is being sent. I really want the tune to be played just once.

Comment

Working...
            X