Backup HAI config

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup HAI config

Is there a method for backing up the entire HAI plugin configuration - like there is for backing up the HS system config? IMHO, it would be very useful.

Thanks!

I would recommend just a nightly HS backup and that will get everything.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

[QUOTE=rmasonjr;1305288]I would recommend just a nightly HS backup and that will get everything.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Keeping in mind I have a Hometroller Zee II, how exactly would I do that?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Having experienced the hassles of not backing up ... I assumed I needed to shut down HS3 to backup my "c:\program files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3". Sounds like maybe I do not need to shutdown. Have people had good lucking copying off the folder while HS3 is running?

Comment

Here's how I backup my RPi each night. It will work on a Zee as well.

It basically tars the entire folder up and keeps 7 days of backups.
          Note that these backups are on the SD card, so I periodically move them off manually.
          I have had to restore them before and it has always worked fine.

First, create a script in the /home/homeseer folder - I called mine: backuphs3.sh
          You'll need to chmod a+x backuphs3.sh to make it executable.

Code:
          #!/bin/bash
          BACKUP_FILE=HS3_`date +%Y%m%d`.tar.gz
          cd /home/homeseer
          tar -zcvf $BACKUP_FILE /usr/local/HomeSeer
          rm -f $(ls -ltr HS3_* |head -n -7)
          Now, create a HS event to run the script:
          Attached Files
          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

+++ Rob.

Here do similar to Rob. I also do a manual backup when updating Homeseer or plugins.

It is not really time consuming and easy.

So as not to have to build a new SD image you can also back up the entire SD card say once a month if you want. Here I standardized to a 16Gb SD card for all of my RPi builds.
            Looking at the space utilization it is less than half of the 16Gb such that an image can be compressed.

I shut down Homeseer. Copy the directory over to whatever PC I am on. I then rename the directory to something like HomeseerVXX-backupDate. I then copy this directory to a backup directory on the SD card (which eventually gets backed up to a NAS).

I then update the Homeseer directory. If it fails or I see issues I just shut down Homeseer and rename the directory to something like HomeSeer.bad and copy back the before updating directory.

All of the above takes only 5 minutes to run manually and backing up the whole Homeseer directory insures that you got it all intact.

If you are on a windows computer you can utilize WinSCP to do this talking to a Linux build. I do Linux laptop to Linux Homeseer build and the file manager works the same as in WinSCP.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
            X