Qubino z-wave - Working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    The Qubino website seems to imply that they have all sorts of frequencies available now (just on the products I checked there were different ordering codes for different frequencies) - might be worth trying to find out where to buy those rather than have a dual Z-Wave network??
    I'm actually more incline to a dual Network, For Europe they have for example a full Z-Wave Weather Station (Qubino) that does not exist in USA. So I could get devices from both sides that way.
    I am just very new and Prefer a bit of guidance on if there's any problem on having both.

They get always better Tech than us first apparently....

Comment

There are very good reasons why you shouldn't use a frequency outside of your region designated one.

It's illegal for very good reasons as it will either interfere with other electronic devices such as DTV, phones etc or those devices will do likewise to your Z-Wave network. If the equipment isn't available in your region that indicates that it hasn't been approved for regional use.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Cat View Post
        There are very good reasons why you shouldn't use a frequency outside of your region designated one.

It's illegal for very good reasons as it will either interfere with other electronic devices such as DTV, phones etc or those devices will do likewise to your Z-Wave network. If the equipment isn't available in your region that indicates that it hasn't been approved for regional use.
        OK, that interference with known real devices, is a good reason. Still a shame

Found this, in case anybody else is interested.

Radio specifics
        In Europe, the 868 MHz band has a 1% duty cycle limitation, meaning that a Z-wave unit can only transmit 1% of the time. This limitation is not present in the US 908 MHz band, but US legislation imposes a 1 mW transmission power limit (as opposed to 25 mW in Europe). Z-wave units can be in power-save mode and only be active 0.1% of the time, thus reducing power consumption dramatically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-Wave

INSTEON-Frequency 902 to 924 MHz

https://cellphonesafety.wordpress.co...ory/90842-mhz/

Thank you.

Comment

Qubino Z-Wave Plus Weather Station ZMNHZD3

Originally posted by sirexilon View Post
          I'm actually more incline to a dual Network, For Europe they have for example a full Z-Wave Weather Station (Qubino) that does not exist in USA. So I could get devices from both sides that way.
          I am just very new and Prefer a bit of guidance on if there's any problem on having both.

They get always better Tech than us first apparently....

Amazon has one...https://www.amazon.com/QUBINO-comple...ing=UTF8&psc=1

But will it work with HS? that is my question

It would be cool if it did, I dislike depending on the internet for weather info.

Comment

Qubino Z-Wave Plus Flush 1D Dry Contact Relay Module ZMNHND3

I purchased two of these Qubino Z-Wave Plus Flush 1D Dry Contact Relay Module ZMNHND3 on Amazon. They are on the USA frequency. First, these things are really small. They are the size of a camera battery. I am using them on an HS3 system. I needed two relays to control the open/close push buttons on my electric water valve. I obtained two of the single relay models because I heard there were problems getting both relays on a dual relay module included in certain Z-Wave systems. Plus, the dual relay module did not provide isolated contacts from the AC line. I purchased these because they have isolated dry contacts. That means none of the relay contacts are internally connected to the AC line. I also wanted to use the configuration parameter to make the relay automatically turn off after 1 or 2 seconds so it could act like an electric push button. Sure enough, they were easy to include and I was able to get a monetary 2 second relay on condition for every ON command. I noted that the 2 second duration seemed to vary between 1 to 2 seconds based on my non-scientific observation. That was not critical when you are turning a water valve on and off. They are a little more expensive than others but the others did not have the flexibility in programming. The tiny instructions provided are useless to my old eyes. There is a nice color PDF file you can download and print from the Qubino web site.

Comment

Originally posted by Archcantor View Post
              Qubino Z-Wave Plus Flush 1D Dry Contact Relay Module ZMNHND3

I purchased two of these Qubino Z-Wave Plus Flush 1D Dry Contact Relay Module ZMNHND3 on Amazon. They are on the USA frequency. First, these things are really small. They are the size of a camera battery. I am using them on an HS3 system. I needed two relays to control the open/close push buttons on my electric water valve. I obtained two of the single relay models because I heard there were problems getting both relays on a dual relay module included in certain Z-Wave systems. Plus, the dual relay module did not provide isolated contacts from the AC line. I purchased these because they have isolated dry contacts. That means none of the relay contacts are internally connected to the AC line. I also wanted to use the configuration parameter to make the relay automatically turn off after 1 or 2 seconds so it could act like an electric push button. Sure enough, they were easy to include and I was able to get a monetary 2 second relay on condition for every ON command. I noted that the 2 second duration seemed to vary between 1 to 2 seconds based on my non-scientific observation. That was not critical when you are turning a water valve on and off. They are a little more expensive than others but the others did not have the flexibility in programming. The tiny instructions provided are useless to my old eyes. There is a nice color PDF file you can download and print from the Qubino web site.
              Hello, I purchased two of these Qubino dry contact sensors that I would like to use with a magnetic dry contact door sensor but I’m having trouble with adding them. When you added these to HS3 what devices did it add? I connected the power to N & L and the two wires from the switch to L & I2 and then added it to HS3 but the only device was an on/off for the relay. For some reason it didn’t add a device to show the status of the door sensor. Hoping you might be able to help me out or provide a picture of how yours are hooked up?
              thank you

HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
              Plugin's:
              BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
              EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
              weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by alan_smithee View Post
                Just wanted to leave this here.
                Had to rebuild my z-wave network because of the mono 4 upgrade.

I tried everything I did before but I can't seem to get the binary switch back.

I was however able to make a binary switch of the root device that responds just as fast.

Setting the parameter 100 to 9 1 byte
                Then exclude, include
                Group 1 to Homeseer
                Group 5 to Homeseer
                Change parameter 100 to 0 1 byte
                Delete the device and light scan
                Now the Root Zwave device is a binary switch
                Add status graphics 0 and 255 (on and off)
                Hello Alan,
                I have included one of these Qubino Flush 1D Relay devices in HS and I'm noticing that when a magnetic switch I have on a door opens that it takes several seconds for the device in HS to show that the door has opened. It looks like from your posts that you were having the same issue and have a resolution to this issue?

I have set parameter 100 to 9 1 byte
                Then excluded, include
                It setup different associations, see below.
                After you changed the parameter 100 to 0, which device did you delete? When you say "light scan" did you click the "Rescan" button on the Z-Wave tab of the root device?

It's been over a year since your post so I thought I would check to make sure this is still the fix for this issue?
                Thank you Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	287
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1292151Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.png
Views:	326
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1292150
                HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                Plugin's:
                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

Hello Alan,
                  I have included one of these Qubino Flush 1D Relay devices in HS and I'm noticing that when a magnetic switch I have on a door opens that it takes several seconds for the device in HS to show that the door has opened. It looks like from your posts that you were having the same issue and have a resolution to this issue?

I have set parameter 100 to 9 1 byte
                  Then excluded, include
                  It setup different associations, see below.
                  After you changed the parameter 100 to 0, which device did you delete? When you say "light scan" did you click the "Rescan" button on the Z-Wave tab of the root device?

It's been over a year since your post so I thought I would check to make sure this is still the fix for this issue?
                  Thank you Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	1 Size:	80.6 KB ID:	1292151Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled2.png Views:	1 Size:	37.5 KB ID:	1292150
                  Delete group 2 and remove the endpoints
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	1292540
                  The root device (in your case 1399) should have the on and off values.

Name:	
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	1292541

Name:	
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1292542

Comment

I'm trialling HS-PI on latest versions, I have a lot of Qubino Z-wave plus dimmers which I had working including I2/ I3 in Smartthings.
                    They dimmers work fine in HS3, but I can't get I2/ I3 to work- although I do get a log message error as below when closed.
                    I had parameter 100 set to 1- have tried setting to 9 and exclude/ re-include with no luck. Group 1 and group 5 root associations always pointing to Homeseer (and tried adding groups 6-10 for good measure!)

The switch is working as I get log messages:-
                    Notification Report from node 9 for type Home Security received, but the corresponding device Node ID cannot be found. (2, Type=7)
                    Same error for I2 and I3

I'm not sure what's wrong that this doesn't get decoded. Suspect I should see a binary sensor message? This doesn't happen with parameter 100 set to either 1 or 9.
                    I did notice that binary sensor 2 and 3 had been assigned X10 device codes Q7 and Q8 when I looked- tried setting them empty but no change.

The Qubino manual says that values of 1 and 9 are home security so not quite sure what is wrong and why HS can't decode.
                    In devices I have binary sensor 2 and 3 along with the correct other child devices.
                    All My Qubino's are Z-wave plus- but probably older revisions. I believe the firmware updates are mainly around security- in my case I include all nodes as insecure anyway.

Any suggestions? A little further info below...

Steffx had mentioned similar to my observation below in post 90- not sure if it's relevant but the log below might be helpful. During rescan Homeseer picks up the child devices although for some reason in the device z-wave config it does not show the associations for groups 1,2,3 going to endpoints 1,2,3- but log indicates happened. Rescanning associations confirms they are going to root groups 1 and 5. I have seen other Qubino's which has Group 1,2,3 shown as going to endpoints 1,2,3- but not all of them (Firmware?)
                    Apr-05 9:00:52 PM Z-Wave Assigning return route from node 53 to Node 9 Z-Wave Goap Switch
                    Apr-05 8:59:44 PM Z-Wave 6 out of 6 Child devices of node 9 were created successfully.
                    Apr-05 8:59:40 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for Node 9 Z-Wave Goap Switch
                    Apr-05 8:59:39 PM Z-Wave Assigning return route from node 53 to Node 9 Z-Wave Goap Switch
                    Apr-05 8:59:39 PM Z-Wave UZB: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 9 Z-Wave Goap Switch (Node 9, Group 3, Endpoint 3) to HomeSeer
                    Apr-05 8:59:37 PM Z-Wave Assigning return route from node 53 to Node 9 Z-Wave Goap Switch
                    Apr-05 8:59:21 PM Z-Wave UZB: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 9 Z-Wave Goap Switch (Node 9, Group 2, Endpoint 2) to HomeSeer
                    Apr-05 8:59:20 PM Z-Wave Assigning return route from node 53 to Node 9 Z-Wave Goap Switch
                    Apr-05 8:59:20 PM Z-Wave UZB: Adding association for Z-Wave device Node 9 Z-Wave Goap Switch (Node 9, Group 1, Endpoint 1) to HomeSeer
                    Apr-05 8:59:20 PM Z-Wave All associations for node 9 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1, 10, 11, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
                    Apr-05 8:59:20 PM Z-Wave Node 9 Association Group 9 can have 16 associations, and currently has 0
                    Apr-05 8:59:20 PM Z-Wave Node 9 Association Group 8 can have 16 associations, and currently has 0
                    Apr-05 8:59:20 PM Z-Wave Node 9 Association Group 7 can have 16 associations, and currently has 0
                    Apr-05 8:59:20 PM Z-Wave Node 9 Association Group 6 can have 16 associations, and currently has 1
                    Apr-05 8:59:20 PM Z-Wave Node 9 Association Group 5 can have 16 associations, and currently has 1
                    Apr-05 8:59:19 PM Z-Wave Node 9 Association Group 4 can have 16 associations, and currently has 0
                    Apr-05 8:59:19 PM Z-Wave Node 9 Association Group 3 can have 16 associations, and currently has 0
                    Apr-05 8:59:19 PM Z-Wave Node 9 Association Group 2 can have 16 associations, and currently has 0
                    Apr-05 8:59:19 PM Z-Wave Node 9 Association Group 11 can have 16 associations, and currently has 0
                    Apr-05 8:59:19 PM Z-Wave Node 9 Association Group 10 can have 16 associations, and currently has 0
                    Apr-05 8:59:19 PM Z-Wave Node 9 Association Group 1 can have 1 associations, and currently has 1
                    Apr-05 8:59:18 PM Z-Wave Getting association information for node 9
                    Apr-05 8:59:18 PM Z-Wave Node 9 Meter is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_W, Scale is INSTANT
                    Apr-05 8:59:18 PM Z-Wave Node 9 Meter is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_kWh, Scale is ACCUMULATED
                    Apr-05 8:59:17 PM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 9 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of NOTIFICATION_V4, Endpoint 3
                    Apr-05 8:59:17 PM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 9 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SENSOR_BINARY, Endpoint 3
                    Apr-05 8:59:16 PM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 9 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of NOTIFICATION_V4, Endpoint 2
                    Apr-05 8:59:16 PM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 9 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SENSOR_BINARY, Endpoint 2
                    Apr-05 8:59:16 PM Z-Wave Node 9 Meter Instance 1 is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_W, Scale is INSTANT
                    Apr-05 8:59:16 PM Z-Wave Node 9 Meter Instance 1 is Supported for Electric_meter, Type ELECTRIC_kWh, Scale is ACCUMULATED
                    Apr-05 8:59:16 PM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 9 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of METER_V2, Endpoint 1
                    Apr-05 8:59:16 PM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 9 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SWITCH_MULTILEVEL, Endpoint 1
                    Apr-05 8:59:16 PM Z-Wave Processing Information for Node 9 Multi-CHANNEL Command Class of SWITCH_BINARY_V2, Endpoint 1
                    Apr-05 8:59:15 PM Z-Wave Node 9 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
                    Apr-05 8:59:15 PM Z-Wave Node 9 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.05 App: 1.1
                    Apr-05 8:59:15 PM Z-Wave Node: 9 Controls Class(es): BASIC
                    Apr-05 8:59:15 PM Z-Wave Node: 9 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO_V2, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC_V2, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, BASIC, SWITCH_ALL, SWITCH_BINARY_V2, SWITCH_MULTILEVEL, SENSOR_BINARY, NOTIFICATION_V4, METER_V2, MULTI_INSTANCE, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION_V3, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, CONFIGURATION_V3

Comment

Think I've figured out the issue from a comment on the SmartThings forums, and testing with an old and new dimmer.
                      I thought the firmware updates were just security, but Qubino changed to multipoint association along the way as well. In SmartThings they’d used association groups 7 and 10 for I2 and I3 in the earlier handler (dimmer S1 firmware)- but this didn’t work with the S3 firmware. A forum member did manage to get both working but Homeseer only handles the later multipoint implementation just now- but I live in hope!

I’ve emailed both support teams to see what options exist. I really don’t want to pull them all out of walls and attic to send them back for firmware (I have over 20!) but unless there’s an easy fix in Homeseer it seems that’s what I’ll have to do.

Really wish Qubino would release OTA for these...

Comment

Hi Chrisgla. Did you solve this issue? I've been struggling to get I2 working for about 2 weeks and found this thread just now. Did you have to send them to qubino?

/jonaZ

Comment

Sorry, I never managed to get a resolution.

Homeseer support kept telling me the guy who could look at it was out of the office and would look at it when they got back. Qubino stopped replying to emails when I asked to send the dimmers back for firmware upgrade.
                          I have a couple with newer firmware and these do work with “multipoint association” in Homeseer.

Stalemate... another not too standard standard!

I’ll try taking up with Homeseer support when HS4 is out as I have a lot of these that I used for microwave motion detectors, etc- more reliable than the PIR’s.
                          These worked fine with the same Qubino devices on I2/ I3 with SmartThings so on balance it seems Homeseer that is deficient.

HS4 will also support SmartThings which may be another option- although I don’t think it’s been clarified if the support is local or cloud (suspect the latter unless they use MQTT).

Sorry- if you manage to get anywhere please let me know!

Comment

Just sent a message to my Swedish shop and one to qubino support. I've had issues with the flush 2 relays before and got them updated so I could add them in hs3.
                            Hopefully they will accept to upgrade these as well.

Will let you know how it goes.

/jonaZ

Update: Qubino wrote back to me that my dimmers ZMNHDD1 (H1S1P1) only could be upgraded to S2. After S2 they made hardware changes.
                            Since they are replaced by the new mini dimmer I found them cheap on ebay so I just ordered 8 new. Yeah, not the way I usually do things, but I can use the old once in some locations where I don't need I2/I3 & just use the new where I need I2/I3.

Standards rule!!!

Update 2: Got a H1S4P5 to play with. I got it working, but now I'm no longer sure that the H1S1P1 was the issue. If I just push my mono stable button nothing happens with the binary input, but I do get the error "corresponding ID cannot be found (2, type 7)"
                            If I keep the button pressed for a couple of seconds, the binary input changes! I think I can live with that for now.
                            Only thing left is to try the old one again and see if it reacts to a longer press as alan_smithee wrote in post #98.

Comment

Working...
                            X