Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restart my linksys Router ?

Guys,
    I just had to replace my old DLink router and I bought a Linksys WRT54G. Is there any place in this routers software to restart the router? I do a lot of remote admin on this router and can't for the life of me find a restart option.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Sorry Rupp, can't help. I used to have one of these and i'm sure i remember it had that option, it's been a while though so don't remember where it is.

edit: just looked at the support forum for Linksys and it says:
    "The router does not have a restart button. You have to unplug it from power to fully restart. Some other changes in the configuration may also result in a restart though it not necessarily makes a difference to what happens."
    Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Guys,
      I just had to replace my old DLink router and I bought a Linksys WRT54G. Is there any place in this routers software to restart the router? I do a lot of remote admin on this router and can't for the life of me find a restart option.
      You may not need to restart. On my Linksys all you have to do is save the changes (on the bottom of the web page). The changes take effect immediately.

Having said that, my Linksys and my DSL modem both tend to hang now and then. I just put a Z-wave appliance module on the power to them. I can manually reset them from Homeseer, and I also have a couple of events that will cause it to reset if HS is unable to ping yahoo.com for 15 minutes.

Steve

Comment

Nearly each time you save a new parameter, the router restarts.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Working...
        X