Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch

Hi,

I have only been playing with this for a while but it looks cool.

Is there a way to imbed it with HSTouch? I suppose a stripped down web page would do it if worse came to worse, but if the info is stored somewhere accessable all the better.

It looks like it is already set up to work with the HSPhone which is great!

If I have it work with two or more outlook clients, would it be able to act as a synchronization tool?

Good work,

Brenton

The plug-in has several script calls that make it nice for HST displays. They should be in the help file. As far as I know it does not do any synchronizations.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Thanks Marty

I have just been trying to set up phone, it seems to be running but the BLOutlook is still saying it is not installed- any ideas?

Comment

if it's saying it's not installed and you can't find it on the interfaces page, try just rerunning the installer.

BTW you did reboot after the install right?

Cant' help you with HS Phone, i don't use that.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Hi

Restarted, but not rebooted. BLO. is there, it is just HSPhone that is not in the BLO options list. Not too sure bout HSP myself as I am new to it, but I dont think it is supposed to be in interfaces- it has a whole tab of its own.

Comment

Make sure you have a phone line setup under the Phone setup.
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I don't think he has a phone line, as from another post, I understand he is trying to use this together with the SIP Connector plugin.
              --
              stipus

Comment

Hi yes this is correct I do not have a line set up- I thought I was supposed to somehow tell it that the 'line' was sipphone, but not.

I set up a dummy one and you are correct it appeared- it does not though seem to have copied the details accross, do I need to do anything extra?

Also my other question- is there an easy way to integrate with HSTouch? If not is it possible to get a version of the web interface that starts with client info included in the url, and does not have any of the buttons at the top of the screen? I have seen the script tools, and there great , but I want to be able view and read emails, and apointments much the same as they are presented on the web interface.

Finaly does a client have to be connected, or is there a way to view information as it was as of last connection?

Thanks
                Last edited by brenton.prettejohn; April 25, 2010, 07:17 AM.

Comment

A client needs to be connected. I do not use HSTouch but I am sure others have added BLOutlook to HSTouch. If you have please let us know here what you used.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

I have integrated BLOutlook with HomeSeer using the device codes you set up in each client. It's easy to display those device codes within HSTouch. I also use some of the script calls to display and speak that there are xx emails waiting, etc. It all works out rather well.
                    Marty
                    ------

Comment

Thanks I have already done that, but unless I am missing something this will only show a list of appointments. (plus announce some information)

I want to be able to read my emails as well.

What I want to do is imbed a web page like the existing one. I am not sure If this is a big job or not. I have limited understanding of these things. But on the surface it seems easy enough- what I want is to be able to enter a URL which includes the user information, which brings me to that users control page. Then use that as normal with the only other difference being that all the 'buttons' are not on the page. Just the box which contains the email, appointment, links- and then those linked pages also without the buttons.

I tried to find the web pages concerned, but I guess it is not html, but asp or something else I am not familiar with...

Is this a hard thing to do?

Thanks

Comment

It sounds like you want an option to remove the Homeseer headers and footers from the pages, correct?
                        If so, please add a feature request for this on my wbe site (see my signature)
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Unless you embed the web page into a HSTouch screen I don't see a way to do this.

All my HST clients being wall mounted, it's not something I've ever tried to do, there are far easier ways to read email than standing in front of a wall mounted client.

I'm sure Blade will have to comment on this for you to be sure of what can and can't be done. Even then without some changes I don't see a way to get to a specific persons mailbox from a button.
                          Marty
                          ------

Comment

I do not run this plugin so I forgot how it looked when viewing emails. Can you post a pic so I can get an idea of what would need to change?
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

I can't without blasting my emails all over the forum. Basically it seems to all come from the -bloutlook?page=bloutlookusers- everything beyond that seems to be a dynamic type of page since i don't see those pages listed anywhere in the HomeSeer directory. This is not a feature i would ever use so I'll let that up to BP to explain what exactly he's looking for.
                              Marty
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X