Alexa "Show"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa "Show"

Wow, it would be nice if I could say "Alexa Show Security" and have the zones & status pop up on this thing: https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Echo-S...keywords=alexa

Oh wow - that would be very cool!

My family has really adopted the Echos and use them day and night.
    Their favorite is "Alexa, turn on bedtime"
    That turns on a virtual device which triggers an event to turn off the lights, setback the thermostats, arm the alarm, etc.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      Oh wow - that would be very cool!

My family has really adopted the Echos and use them day and night.
      Their favorite is "Alexa, turn on bedtime"
      That turns on a virtual device which triggers an event to turn off the lights, setback the thermostats, arm the alarm, etc.
      Ditto here! "Alexa - Turn on Goodnight." I even have a PIR in the bathroom which turns on the lights automatically when someone enters, at a very dim level, if it's bedtime. Brighter during the day.

Comment

I say "alexa trigger show security" and it uses IFTTT to trigger a HS3 event that changes the screen of all of my android HStouch screens to see the security screen I built. All of the zones and status.

I have similar event to show live video from various BlueIris cameras when there is motion. I turn the show camera feature on/off on some cameras based on time, etc.

I use IFTT and "trigger" to be consistent with triggering events. "Turn gate on" or "turn garage door one off" seemed awkward vs. "trigger gate close".

This method does require writing HSTouch screens, but we can't do without them now. They are mainly to "show" stuff, but can be used to control via touch. We mainly use alexa for voice control.

Comment

Working...
        X