Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a visual depiction using Linux explorer.

You can do this a bunch of ways either using a 3rd party script or a manual one liner script to back up.

Personally I do it the long math way when updating Homeseer 3 or plugins and automagically (scripted or via plugin) as just routine.

What matters though is that you have a duplicate / backup directory of the running HS3 archived.

Current Zee-2 directory here is 205Mb's which takes less than a minute to backup.

A bit paranoid here also shut down Homeseer before the backup as I don't want to back up open files.

Note that picture is of my Linux Ubuntu Desktop explorer which is similar to Windows Explorer and Windows WinSCP explorer.

[ATTACH]62628[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]62629[/ATTACH]
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      You will have to manually check the Security section of the updater. It will not show an update available in the top part of the updater.
      Ok, thanks Rob!

-Travis

Comment

Rich is out of the office this week, so it will be Monday at the earliest, before the plugin is available.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Bummer, but ok.

Comment

Like Pete said, the safest way on Windows is to just copy the entire folder somewhere.

There are other methods as well. BLBackup is a good solution. I personally use my own Linux shell script to backup the entire folder.

What OS are you running?
            Mac

Comment

v3.0.2.1 was released to the updater this afternoon. It might take a day or so before it shows up in the list.

You will need to find the new plugin in the Security section of the updater. The top part of the screen will *not* show an update is available.
              Before you install the new plugin, disable and delete the HAI plugin.

As mentioned here, the HAI plugin has now been renamed OMNI and has moved from beta to release version.

It is very important that you make a backup of your system before you load this version. I cannot guarantee that I didnt miss something when converting your HAI settings and configuration to OMNI.

If your system is working, you may want to hold off updating until all the kinks are worked out.

There was only 1 incremental change for restarting the plugin on a disconnect.
              All other changes were strictly for changing HAI to OMNI.

This version now requires you to enter your license information. If you do not have your license handy, you can retrieve it from here or email support@homeseer.com

Post any issues you have with this version in this thread.
              Will any of the current storage direcotry names, or config file names change? Also, I know how to backup my Zee (via cp using a terminal program,) but there's no current way to restore the files to the Zee because of the permissions on the files/directories. They all belong to root. Does anyone know the root login/password to the Zee2 ?

P.S. I'm having better luck with connection issues after I plugged the Zee and he Omni into the same 10/100 switch. (Thanks Pete!)
              Thanks!

Comment

By default the assumption is that you utilize sudo.

I personally change the root password such that I can utilize root.

1 - sudo username passwd root
                2 - put your passwd in

Next changes are to the SSH configuration to allow remote SSH.

Here you edit this file:

/etc/ssh/sshd_config

Change this line

PermitRootLogin without-password

to this line

PermitRootLogin yes

and make sure the following line reads as yes rather than no

PasswordAuthentication yes

Comment out this line:

StrictModes yes

to

#StrictModes yes

Save and exit.

Restart SSH

service ssh restart

Then exit and try to log in as root.

Make sure that Homeseer is off - turn it off via the GUI.

Easiest to use an explorer like program to copy.

Manually you can:

Utilize rync

rsync -av --progress /path/to/source/ /path/to/dest

or

cp -avr /path/to/source/ /path/to/dest

-a : Preserve the specified attributes such as directory an file mode, ownership, timestamps, if possible additional attributes: context, links, xattr, all.
                -v : Explain what is being done.
                -r : Copy directories recursively.

Personally here keep a backup directory called /Homeseer-backup

copy over the directory and rename it with the date like so: Homeseer-08082017

Do not forget to validate your license before updating as Rob mentions above.
                Last edited by Pete; August 5, 2017, 01:28 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  By default the assumption is that you utilize sudo.

2 - put your passwd in

Next changes are to the SSH configuration to allow remote SSH.

Here you edit this file:

/etc/ssh/sshd_config

Change this line

PermitRootLogin without-password

to this line

PermitRootLogin yes

and make sure the following line reads as yes rather than no

PasswordAuthentication yes

Comment out this line:

StrictModes yes

to

#StrictModes yes

Save and exit.

Restart SSH

service ssh restart

Then exit and try to log in as root.

Make sure that Homeseer is off - turn it off via the GUI.

Easiest to use an explorer like program to copy.

Manually you can:

Utilize rync

rsync -av --progress /path/to/source/ /path/to/dest

or

cp -avr /path/to/source/ /path/to/dest

-a : Preserve the specified attributes such as directory an file mode, ownership, timestamps, if possible additional attributes: context, links, xattr, all.
                  -v : Explain what is being done.
                  -r : Copy directories recursively.

Personally here keep a backup directory called /Homeseer-backup

copy over the directory and rename it with the date like so: Homeseer-08082017

Do not forget to validate your license before updating as Rob mentions above.
                  Hi Pete,
                  When you say:

2 - put your passwd in

• In #1 Where do you enter the command if you can't already ssh in? What do you use for username?
                  • In #2 do you mean enter your new desired password?

I also have a conundrum in that when I use WinSCP the password is different for user "homeseer" than it is when I login to homeseer unix tools, that password is different. How do I get them to be the same.

Thanks for your help!
                  Jim

Comment

You have to be able to ssh to your Zee with homeseer to change the root password.

Here is me doing it to my zee box.

/home/pete# ssh homeseer@192.168.244.164
                    homeseer@192.168.244.164's password:
                    Welcome to Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-87-generic x86_64)

Last login: Wed Jul 26 22:41:20 2017 from 192.168.244.235
                    To run a command as administrator (user "root"), use "sudo <command>".
                    See "man sudo_root" for details.

homeseer@ICS-HS3ZeeLite ~ $ sudo su

[sudo] password for homeseer:

root@ICS-HS3ZeeLite:/home/homeseer# passwd root
                    Enter new UNIX password:
                    Retype new UNIX password:
                    passwd: password updated successfully
                    root@ICS-HS3ZeeLite:/home/homeseer#

Note that you do not have root / sudo rights when you log in with homeseer and WinSCP.

WinSCP works fine if you utilize root to log in.

On my original Zee-2 I created usernames and passwords (this is relating to managing the whole device and not just Homeseer).

1 - adduser homeseer
                    2 - this will go through the password prompt and info for new user
                    3 - usermod -aG sudo homeseer *Note-this will add the user homeseer to sudo
                    4 - adduser pete
                    5 - same as above.

Here I have added two users to Zee-2 and made them both sudo.
                    After this I use sudo user passwd root to change the root password.

In the Homeseer gui I made it so that the passwords are the same for the above configured users.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

You have to be able to ssh to your Zee with homeseer to change the root password.

Here is me doing it to my zee box.

/home/pete# ssh homeseer@192.168.244.164
                      homeseer@192.168.244.164's password:
                      Welcome to Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-87-generic x86_64)

Last login: Wed Jul 26 22:41:20 2017 from 192.168.244.235
                      To run a command as administrator (user "root"), use "sudo <command>".
                      See "man sudo_root" for details.

homeseer@ICS-HS3ZeeLite ~ $ sudo su

[sudo] password for homeseer:

root@ICS-HS3ZeeLite:/home/homeseer# passwd root
                      Enter new UNIX password:
                      Retype new UNIX password:
                      passwd: password updated successfully
                      root@ICS-HS3ZeeLite:/home/homeseer#

Note that you do not have root / sudo rights when you log in with homeseer and WinSCP.

WinSCP works fine if you utilize root to log in.

On my original Zee-2 I created usernames and passwords (this is relating to managing the whole device and not just Homeseer).

1 - adduser homeseer
                      2 - this will go through the password prompt and info for new user
                      3 - usermod -aG sudo homeseer *Note-this will add the user homeseer to sudo
                      4 - adduser pete
                      5 - same as above.

Here I have added two users to Zee-2 and made them both sudo.
                      After this I use sudo user passwd root to change the root password.

In the Homeseer gui I made it so that the passwords are the same for the above configured users.
                      Got it done. Thanks!

</command>

Comment

@Rob,

Updated to new Omni Plugin and unable to register and seeing this error.

Registration failed: XXXX : Error registering license: License does not match product ,haiomnistat,->,omni,
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

@Rob,

Updated to new Omni Plugin and unable to register and seeing this error.

Registration failed: XXXX : Error registering license: License does not match product ,haiomnistat,->,omni,
                          Yeah, haiomnistat is someone else's plugin. It sounds like HST associated my licenses with theirs. I'll contact them asap...

Comment

Does it just stick you in the 30 Day Trial mode or should we just hold off until it it announced as resolved?

-Travis

Comment

No you're fine. They will get it resolved asap...

Comment

Hey Rob

Crap, I did a long post last night and it doesn't appear to have posted here....let's try this again but the abridged version.

Regarding the upgrade to the official release, everything went as you expected Rob, nice work! PI Registered fine as well.

In testing I identified some issues that may just be bugs in general I haven't noticed and could be from the previous releases.
                                1. Dehumidify Setpoint is 55% RH but the PI shows 106 (Curved offset of about 45-47 Numerically)
                                2. Humidify Setpoint is 25% RH but the PI shows 72 (Curved offset of about 45-47 Numerically)
                                3. Alarm Area Mode - When an external source changes the mode of the alarm system, the HS3 Device changes appropriately. When you use the Device List drop down (Assuming all zones are secure), it works as expected. However when a zone is "Not Ready" and you use Arm the system using the HS3 Device method, the status changes to whatever you tried to set the alarm to in HS3 but it remains disarmed on the actual panel because of the zone issue. Concerns here are that a system could appear to be armed in HS3 when the system is actually disarmed. Also, my announcements and Push Messages are sent based on an invalid actual system state. I expect this would not be noticed if someone uses the auto-bypass mode for zones that are "Not Ready" when arming. Can this be fixed or should there be another device called something like "System Status" as a Status Device that is a representation of what the OMNI Panel is reporting so it is accurate, leaving the drop-down as a Control item only?

Can anyone else confirm the Humidity Setpoint issues and the status issue (Arm system with a zone open using HS3 to arm) in their install as well?

Thanks!

-Travis
                                Last edited by Daweeze; August 8, 2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X