This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to control Insteon relay switch??

Hate to ask to stupid and obvious question.

In my events, I'm presented with a list of items. I'm assuming "Control a Device" does _not_ work. I can't get it to work.

Instead, I use "Light on at Ramp Rate" for light wall switches. However, there doesn't seem to be any command for turning on Insteon relay/appliance switches. (In this case an exhaust fan.)

What am I missing?

Thanks,
    Tahl

PS.

Also, on setting the dim levels for lights, it appears that I have to do it in 10% increments. How can I get a finer increment?

Thanks,
    Tahl

Comment

Control a device is exactly what I use. It works.

Comment

Originally posted by tahl View Post
        Hate to ask to stupid and obvious question.

In my events, I'm presented with a list of items. I'm assuming "Control a Device" does _not_ work. I can't get it to work.

Instead, I use "Light on at Ramp Rate" for light wall switches. However, there doesn't seem to be any command for turning on Insteon relay/appliance switches. (In this case an exhaust fan.)

What am I missing?

Thanks,
        Tahl
        please post a screen shot of the event config
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Also, on setting the dim levels for lights, it appears that I have to do it in 10% increments. How can I get a finer increment?

Thanks,
          Tahl
          I stuck with 10% increments since this is what we had in hs2
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Mark,

I had not checked the log before but did this time. For both appliance wall switches, it appears to work according to the log but neither will do anything via the event or device manager. I've noted they are both i2CS. That's Insteon but do you not support it? It worked in HS2.

See screenshot. I also uploaded the event (although it doesn't work in Device Mgr either.)

Thanks,
            Tahl
            Attached Files

Comment

10% increments

It appears that you support 5% increments if a module is referred to in a Group but not when it is by itself.

Tahl

Comment

i2cs are supported. if insteon devices aren't responding, factory reset the device, and use the 'reprogram device' function from the plugin.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It's still not working

Per your instructions, I did factory resets and "Update programming on all..." for the two relay switches.

Still didn't work. Log says it works but neither are coming on.

Tried to delete and re-add the devices with "tap-link". I could not find that term in the instructions so put it into set up mode. That didn't work with the "tap-link". So I typed in the IDs again.

Tried Reset and Re-program. Now none of Insteon devices can go off or on from Device Manager.

Pressed Currently Linked Devices -- nothing. So did "Update Interface Database" and now there are items listed.

Tried restart HS3 and the 2413U.

I REALLY don't want to start completely over as I had to manually add dozens of X10 devices which if deleted would screw up events, etc. I don't mind re-adding the 9 Insteon. It would take a half day or more to recover.

All along, I can "Test Comm" with the devices just fine.

Also, if I quit HS3 and go back to HS2, everything works fine. That tells me that it's not the devices or the PLM.

Anyway, I'm attached an error report and two .ini files (I don't which is yours).

Thanks,
                  Tahl
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think there is a problem with the hs devices if you can't control them from the dev mgmt. page.

is the homeseer insteon plugin active? maybe you should uninstall it and delete any hs devices related to that plugin.

you must re-register all your insteon devices with my plugin. they will not transfer from the homeseer insteon plugin.

if you have a working hs2 setup, you should be able to just copy over the insteon.ini, and start the new hs3 plugin, and the plugin should create the necessary hs devices. this assumes the same plm with the same insteon id.

I suppose you could try the beta version, but 3.0.6.0 works.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,

7 of the 9 devices did work. The only two that didn't work were the two appliance/relay switches. I did not transfer them over from HS2; I didn't even know that that was possible. It was all installed from scratch which is why it took _hours_ to install all the Insteon and X10 devices with your plug-in.

All 9 of the Insteon devices work with HS2 and all 9 work with the Homeseer plug-in. Only 7 of the Insteon devices work with HS3 with your plug-in. However, I can communicate with all 9 devices but cannot control the 2 relay devices. Therefore, there is something corrupt or something with regard to the configuration that's not right.

Is there a way to rebuild everything without reinstalling? It took _hours_ to configure your plug-in mainly because of the X10 registration requirement. There are well over a hundred devices which have to be installed, each one tested, etc.

Thanks,
                      Tahl

Comment

with my insteon plugin, you may not assign a 'code' to an insteon device; it messes up the Address property which is the key to the plugin controlling devices.

if you assigned an x10 address to the relays, then please delete it and retest.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

7 of the 9 devices did work. The only two that didn't work were the two appliance/relay switches. I did not transfer them over from HS2; I didn't even know that that was possible. It was all installed from scratch which is why it took _hours_ to install all the Insteon and X10 devices with your plug-in.

All 9 of the Insteon devices work with HS2 and all 9 work with the Homeseer plug-in. Only 7 of the Insteon devices work with HS3 with your plug-in. However, I can communicate with all 9 devices but cannot control the 2 relay devices. Therefore, there is something corrupt or something with regard to the configuration that's not right.

Is there a way to rebuild everything without reinstalling? It took _hours_ to configure your plug-in mainly because of the X10 registration requirement. There are well over a hundred devices which have to be installed, each one tested, etc.
                          There must be some confusion. I have 9 Insteon devices, _none_ of them have X10 anything, and two don't work with the HS3 plug-in. The two that don't work were factory reset anyway so any X10 address would have been erased. However, all nine Insteon work with HS2 and all nine work with the HS plug-in.

The reason I bought your plug-in is because you're plug-in _also_ support separate x10 devices. Each of those 100 devices had to be registered with your plug-in in order to be recognized by your plug-in.

I'd like to get this problem solved with the two Insteon, non-X10 switches. However, I'd rather not take the step of starting over with the plug-in by re-installing it and such -- if possible -- because it would mean that I have to configure the 9 Insteon _plus_ add the 100 X10 devices each of which would have to be tested. In short, completely restarting with the plug-in, if we could not use the configuration, would take me 5+ hours.

SO, is there anything we can do to fix the problem -- shy of a complete reinstall -- _if_ possible?

Comment

please enabled detailed logging within the plugin, register one of the devices you are having problems with, and then post a log snippet of the hs log (from start of registration process to end of process)

I need to see the details of the registration process.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                              please enabled detailed logging within the plugin, register one of the devices you are having problems with, and then post a log snippet of the hs log (from start of registration process to end of process)

I need to see the details of the registration process.
                              The log snippet is attached. Most recent at top of course.

After registration, I can Test Comm with it just fine but I _cannot_ control it via Device Management.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X