This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
    Erm Rupp, I don't think you are quite right in that statement.

I was running .66, uninsulated it and installed Professional Edition 2.3.0.19. as was downloaded from the HST main web site. It's running a treat, have not gone near the updater apart from HSTouch. I only have one problem and that is with one of Jonn00's scripts (The Horoscope one), it don't work, not a big problem.

I think the advice should be install the basic released download, get it working, then go from there.
    You upgraded, the user attempted to downgrade. Down grades do not work well.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by nslmanu View Post
      Ok , it's done ... but now i have all my devices UNKNOWN ...
      Thats what I had.

Take the time and set all your devices, I think it's giving you a clean install. My intall is running perfectly - after I corrected the devices that would not automatically change.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        You upgraded, the user attempted to downgrade. Down grades do not work well.
        They do if people would follow the instructions in the "How To" forum. Still works with Pro, in fact it will work with any version.

Anyone wishing to view it, it's located in the basement, at the very bottom of the message board list.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
          I only have one problem and that is with one of Jonn00's scripts (The Horoscope one), it don't work, not a big problem.
          Assuming your Settings.ini was overwritten or replaced, you need to re-enter the data under ScriptingReferences= entry as per the horoscope instructions.
          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Assuming your Settings.ini was overwritten or replaced, you need to re-enter the data under ScriptingReferences= entry as per the horoscope instructions.
            Thanks Jon, I'll look into that tomorrow.
            sigpic

Comment

I am using version 2.3.0.122 HS 2. So the upgrade on the message board should have worked.

I have reinstalled the regular HS2 program. Maybe someone could give me the steps in the way I could understand. I am not putting anyone down, it just I needed a little bit more help.

Thanks for all of you that tried to help me, I just needed more detailed steps. I am not enjoying putting everything back in manually.
              danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                I just needed more detailed steps.
                - Note the version of HomeSeer 2 you were originally running
                - Uninstall HomeSeer 2
                - Install HomeSeer Pro into the same directory that HomeSeer 2 was installed in
                - Then download the same beta upgrade (or newer) that you were running.
                -Start HomeSeer up and license it.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                  - Note the version of HomeSeer 2 you were originally running
                  - Uninstall HomeSeer 2
                  - Install HomeSeer Pro into the same directory that HomeSeer 2 was installed in
                  - Then download the same beta upgrade (or newer) that you were running.
                  -Start HomeSeer up and license it.
                  How do you get your devices and events from the old HS2 install into HSPro? manually?
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

OK, lets start here. PLEASE!
                    I have hs2 ver:HomeSeerUpdate2_3_0_122 and I do not see a update for HS pro. I would believe this is my first problem.
                    What do I do now. I have already removed hs2.
                    Reinstall it from my backup and make it a version that there is a upgrade for in HS PRO?
                    danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                      How do you get your devices and events from the old HS2 install into HSPro? manually?

I am just typing them in one by one. O what fun. I hoping I can get this upgrade to work. I am going to try again.
                      danielbo

Comment

use the 2.3.0.86 updater in the beta forum, that will upgrade your version to pro.

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                          I am just typing them in one by one. O what fun. I hoping I can get this upgrade to work. I am going to try again.
                          Oh, I hope not
                          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

WOW! its looking better.
                            ok,I see it did load all of my old plugins. But I have none of my devices and events.
                            1. I have deleted HS2
                            2. I have installed HS Pro
                            3. I made sure I have the latest version of pro now loaded.

I just need my devices and events. What next?
                            and thanks all for help.
                            danielbo

Comment

After of course backing up your entire HS directory has anyone just tried slapping an HSPro update over their existing install?

The installer will complain your are upgrading the wrong version but I think it'll let you continue. On my old PRO100 I installed a Pro Software over the PRO100 by mistake but it let me.

I bet HS2 (now Pro will start) and it'll complain about the HS2 trial being over. I bet then if you change your license info you'll be good to go.

~Bill

Comment

All right.

I just installed 2.3.0.19 regular HS2.
                                Then I shut it down and plopped the HS@ Pro 2.3.0.126 right on top and it worked fine.

The installer said I was upgrading the wrong version (HS2 to HS Pro) but it let me do it.

After your backup just plop the HS Pro updater on it and I bet you'll be fine.

RUPP - Delete this post if you feel I am erong.

Cheers!

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X