No announcement yet.

New MyHomeSeer Remote Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just an FYI, I am having the same issues on my x.143 HS3PRO system.
    In my Log i get one entry relating to MyHomeSeer:

System connected to MyHomeSeer Service, waiting for acknowledge...

When I go to connect through the myhs portal, I get the same connected2.homeseer.com but it never progresses past that point. If I close HS3 then I will get to the connected2 page and get a note about how the system is not connected and an error, however with the HS3 running it just never gets past connected2.homeseer.com as per the previous user.

I can load the demo details fine (per previous post) just not my own system.
    Have tried checking and unchecking the box, all my licence details are fine, but no dice
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Can't connect

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      To see if the issue is on the server or the client, can you go to myhs.homeseer.com and log in with:

user: demo@homeseer.com
      pass: demo100

Can you log in ok? I just tried it from my home and logged in fine.
      One more time, I can't connect to my system.
      For your information I can't either connect to the demo server.
      Not very reliable...
      Please update you server to avoid these recurring problems.
      I'm running 3.0.0.97

Comment

Originally posted by eole View Post
        One more time, I can't connect to my system.
        For your information I can't either connect to the demo server.
        Not very reliable...
        Please update you server to avoid these recurring problems.
        I'm running 3.0.0.97
        Are you using the free "myHomeSeer Remote Access service" or the paid "MyHomeSeer Connect service"? The paid "MyHomeSeer Connect service" is much more reliable.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Are you using the free "myHomeSeer Remote Access service" or the paid "MyHomeSeer Connect service"? The paid "MyHomeSeer Connect service" is much more reliable.
          Hi Greg, can you clarify? I've only heard of the one that's in this section of the forum and from what I understand it's free for HS3 users. I have not previously heard of a paid one.

Thanks
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Here's a link to the services page that describes the differenes. The MyHomeSeer Connect service has been around for years while the myHomeSeer Remote Access service is new this year:
            http://store.homeseer.com/store/Services-C30.aspx

Comment

Thanks, that's just a dynamic dns service from what I understand.

Cheers
              Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                Thanks, that's just a dynamic dns service from what I understand.

Cheers
                Al
                Correct which is more reliable as it removes some of the overhead that the myHomeSeer Remote Access service requires.

Comment

I've already paid HS3 before introducing because I was sure it'll be better than HS2. One year later a special price was less than the one I paid !
                  First disappointment.

I still can't use HS3 due to the lack of plugins and the huge job of rewriting my scripts, and the number of bugs in HS3.
                  Second disappointment

And now you tell us that if we want something that is working, we have to paid for another service ?
                  Very bad and strange notion of customer relationship.

Anyway, I'm using the free "myHomeseer Remote Access service"

Comment

Correct which is more reliable as it removes some of the overhead that the myHomeSeer Remote Access service requires.
                    Yes, but it also doesn't have the benefits (needs manual router config and won't support IFTTT channel once available, etc.)

Cheers
                    Al

Comment

Yes, but it also doesn't have the benefits (needs manual router config and won't support IFTTT channel once available, etc.)

Cheers
                      Al
                      True but again ... It really come down to the experience the user wants and the features they want to use and the reliability they desire.

At this point I would recommend anyone having issues withe the myHomeSeer Remote Access Premium Service put in a help desk if it's not working.

Comment

True but again ... It really come down to the experience the user wants and the features they want to use and the reliability they desire.

At this point I would recommend anyone having issues withe the myHomeSeer Remote Access Premium Service put in a help desk if it's not working.
                        Agreed. Given that it's still Beta, people should log help desk tickets if it's not working, but HST should be monitoring these threads for feedback as well.

Thanks
                        Al

Comment

Agreed. Given that it's still Beta, people should log help desk tickets if it's not working, but HST should be monitoring these threads for feedback as well.

Thanks
                          Al
                          Yes I agree but the resources are so thin that the odds of this being seen by HST personnel are very low.

Comment

Yes I agree but the resources are so thin that the odds of this being seen by HST personnel are very low.
                            From my perspective that needs to change. You can't continue to release betas without having a good feedback mechanism...

Comment

Yep I am having the same issues with the "free" service. I can seem to log in easier in the morning as the afternoon things seem to get quite congested. Is more bandwidth going to be allocated to this service? I was under the assumption the paid service ($2/mo) was only really needed if you wanted to view IP cameras, ie: high bandwidth items. I figured monitoring the status of z-wave items would use very little bandwidth.

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
                                Yep I am having the same issues with the "free" service. I can seem to log in easier in the morning as the afternoon things seem to get quite congested. Is more bandwidth going to be allocated to this service? I was under the assumption the paid service ($2/mo) was only really needed if you wanted to view IP cameras, ie: high bandwidth items. I figured monitoring the status of z-wave items would use very little bandwidth.
                                The paid service that Greg (Rupp) is referring to is a different service (dynamic DNS only). The paid upgrade to the free service is for higher bandwidth as you've indicated.

Cheers
                                Al

Comment

Working...
                                X