Aeon Multisensor 6 - no motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Multisensor 6 - no motion

Just purchased the Aeon Multisensor 6 and successfully added it to HS3, creating the root Sensor plus 7 children. However, despite showing Motion as one of them, I cannot get the sensor to show motion to HS3. I've upgraded to the latest sensor firmware 1.6 (1.06 on Aeotec web site), but this has not changed. Any suggestions on how to get motion activities to show up in HS3 show I can start controlling some lighting actions? Running latest Zwave plugin and latest HS3.

Originally posted by mdavison View Post
    Just purchased the Aeon Multisensor 6 and successfully added it to HS3, creating the root Sensor plus 7 children. However, despite showing Motion as one of them, I cannot get the sensor to show motion to HS3. I've upgraded to the latest sensor firmware 1.6 (1.06 on Aeotec web site), but this has not changed. Any suggestions on how to get motion activities to show up in HS3 show I can start controlling some lighting actions? Running latest Zwave plugin and latest HS3.
    Have you confirmed that HomeSeer is associated on Association Group 1?

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yes it is. And VERY occasionally it will report motion to HS3....maybe once every couple of hours, in a room where motion is happening fairly constantly.

Comment

Yes it is. And VERY occasionally it will report motion to HS3....maybe once every couple of hours, in a room where motion is happening fairly constantly.
        Have you tried adjusting Parameter 6 to increase the sensitivity?

Cheers
        Al

Comment

I think Homeseer broke it in the latest version (3.0.27.i know... Internal Testing Only). Mine worked in earlier release but with that I don't get any motion detection at all.

Comment

Running 3.0.0.199; have set parameter 6 to 64 to try, but does not change characteristics unfortunately.
            Last edited by mdavison; September 3, 2015, 12:38 PM.

Comment

That's the HS3 version, I talked about the Z-wave-plugin version.

Comment

Running 3.0.0.199; have set parameter 6 to 64 to try, but does not change characteristics unfortunately.
                I believe 64 is the default. Try a higher number (up to 127).

Cheers
                Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                  I believe 64 is the default. Try a higher number (up to 127).

Cheers
                  Al
                  I have attached the parameter sheet Christopher sent me. I don't see parameter 6 for sensitivity, but parameter 4 is.

Did you get some different information?
                  Attached Files
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    I have attached the parameter sheet Christopher sent me. I don't see parameter 6 for sensitivity, but parameter 4 is.

Did you get some different information?
                    Hi Randy,

This is the manual I have which does not even reference parameter 4. I'm waiting for mine to show up so can't actually test it myself yet.

Cheers
                    Al
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                      Hi Randy,

This is the manual I have which does not even reference parameter 4. I'm waiting for mine to show up so can't actually test it myself yet.

Cheers
                      Al
                      Typical Aeon I sent an email to Christopher Cheng asking for clarification. I don't have mine yet either. I'll have some Monday.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Try http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/devices

Parameter 4 1 byte is set to 0 by default. Motion disabled.

Set Parameter 4 to range 1 to 5 (max sensitivity)

Seems a daft default value when it is advertised as a multimotion.

Hope that helps

Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Jo View Post
                          Try http://www.pepper1.net/zwavedb/devices

Parameter 4 1 byte is set to 0 by default. Motion disabled.

Set Parameter 4 to range 1 to 5 (max sensitivity)

Seems a daft default value when it is advertised as a multimotion.

Hope that helps

Jo
                          I now have one of these, updated the firmware and included into HS3 without problem. Motion worked straight out of the box. Parameter 4 was set to 5 by default, as it says in the manual posted earlier in this thread. I needed to set a reasonable reporting time interval before the climate sensors started updating. Mine is on USB power.
                          So far so good.
                          Steve

Comment

Thanks for the insight folks. How do you know parameter 4 is set to 5? I know how to use events to set parameters but have yet to figure out how to retrieve them. I feel like Homeseer is amazing but lacks the Z-wave network info you can get from the razberry. I've found the /ZwaveConfig page, but feel like there must be some other pages of detailed info that I am just missing.

Thanks again.

Jim

Comment

Interesting I have the same problem, I assumed was an issue with my zwave range. It would report all the other values, i.e. temperature, humidity and etc. but occasionally the motion. Thanks for creating a thread for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X