Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stipus View Post
    You should clear the HomeBridge cache. I'm not sure because I'm away but I think there is a cache directory under the HomeBridge directory. You have to stop HomeBridge, delete the cache directory, and restart HomeBridge.

Once you cleared the cache, you may have to assign all HomeKit accessories to rooms again...
    Never mind... I was editing the wrong config.json...
    Just changing/removing the BrightnessRef is enough to get it working.

The only drawback is now that switching on means switch to 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Malosa View Post
      how to update the windows version.

i have installed a version from august 2015.

whats the best way toupdate everything , because i want to use it again.

regards
      Have you tried http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=402

This is what I still(successfully) use.
      Regards,

Rien du Pre
      The Netherlands
      Using:
      Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
      Plugin's:
      RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

hi rien ,

yes that one is what i have ,

so i don't need to update it ?

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
        Have you tried http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=402

This is what I still(successfully) use.
        Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
        Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

i just put the new platform and otherfiles in there ,

but it keep saying this

Starting Homebridge-Homeseer
          Do not close this screen

Comment

i just put the new platform and otherfiles in there ,

but it keep saying this

Starting Homebridge-Homeseer
            Do not close this screen
            Looks like a non configured config.json
            Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

i see the problem , the last homeseer.js is ont yet decoded , thats why it doesnt work

so the last version i have here is

// V0.10.2 - 2015/10/16
              // - Added Window support
              // - Added Window Covering support

so i think its the last one ?
              Last edited by Malosa; August 11, 2016, 07:22 AM.

Comment

This getting very frustrating? Am I the only that hasn't been able to get this working successfully? I have been trying since last December with always the same results. I have posted this before but never got any responses. Every time I get it to work it only work for a few days then it stops. When it stops working I open EVE and get"The accessory cannot be reached at them moment". I'm connected to the network. I can wait as long as I want but it will not start working again. The only way I can get to work again is reset Homekit configuration on my phone and start over. Then it works OK for 2-3 days then stops again.I haven't seen anyone else mentioned this so it looks like it's only me. I have an Iphone6. Previously had Iphone5 and had the same issue so doubt it's the phone itself.

Comment

it looks like an bonjour error to me ,

download bonjour discovery on your iphone or bonjour browser

also for android

if u have that problem , just check in there and see if the bridge is in there , if its not , than your system maybe blocks bonjour...

Originally posted by freeon View Post
                  This getting very frustrating? Am I the only that hasn't been able to get this working successfully? I have been trying since last December with always the same results. I have posted this before but never got any responses. Every time I get it to work it only work for a few days then it stops. When it stops working I open EVE and get"The accessory cannot be reached at them moment". I'm connected to the network. I can wait as long as I want but it will not start working again. The only way I can get to work again is reset Homekit configuration on my phone and start over. Then it works OK for 2-3 days then stops again.I haven't seen anyone else mentioned this so it looks like it's only me. I have an Iphone6. Previously had Iphone5 and had the same issue so doubt it's the phone itself.

Comment

it looks like an bonjour error to me ,

download bonjour discovery on your iphone or bonjour browser

also for android

if u have that problem , just check in there and see if the bridge is in there , if its not , than your system maybe blocks bonjour...
                    Thanks for the reply. I downloaded discovery and I see one listed as _hap_tcp. When I click on this it says Homebridge for Homeseer. When I click on that I get a bunch of information. Is this what I'm looking for? When I first opened Discovery the link was there and a few minutes later it was gone then re-appeared. If my system is blocking Bonjour what is causing that.

Comment

Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

I'm getting the same. I've just reset HomeKit and added everything in eve again just last night. I'll see if it stops after a few days like it has before, and look into this as I need it working. Do you have hue lights also?
                      It could be a bonjour problem as I have an AirPlay speaker app that no longer works on the VM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                        I'm getting the same. I've just reset HomeKit and added everything in eve again just last night. I'll see if it stops after a few days like it has before, and look into this as I need it working. Do you have hue lights also?
                        It could be a bonjour problem as I have an AirPlay speaker app that no longer works on the VM.
                        No I don't have hue lights.

Comment

try to disable QoS on your router,
                          it depends on a router , but dlink routers have that problem

regards

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded discovery and I see one listed as _hap_tcp. When I click on this it says Homebridge for Homeseer. When I click on that I get a bunch of information. Is this what I'm looking for? When I first opened Discovery the link was there and a few minutes later it was gone then re-appeared. If my system is blocking Bonjour what is causing that.

Comment

No I don't have hue lights.

I have hue lights. They continue to work, but the Homeseer/homebridge bit stops. I thought something might be getting corrupt over time. Definitely isolated to the homebridge machine. How many devices are you adding in homebridge? I've got around 40 from Homeseer and 12 hue lights.

Comment

I've always had trouble with Apple/bonjour on my network. I have a fairly complex one for sure with multiple switches etc.
                              I'm going to have a play over the weekend to try and bottom it.
                              http://apple.stackexchange.com/quest...ehind-a-switch

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                                I have hue lights. They continue to work, but the Homeseer/homebridge bit stops. I thought something might be getting corrupt over time. Definitely isolated to the homebridge machine. How many devices are you adding in homebridge? I've got around 40 from Homeseer and 12 hue lights.
                                I currently only have 1 device added to homebridge. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible to try and figure out the problem.

try to disable QoS on your router,
                                it depends on a router , but dlink routers have that problem

regards
                                QOS is turned off on my router. And it's not a Dlink.

Comment

Working...
                                X