Aeon/Aeotec Smart Strip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon/Aeotec Smart Strip!

Version .55 of the plug-in (possibly higher) reveals some parameters in an easy-to-set manner, but the parameters it doesn't reveal in an easy-to-set manner makes the parameters that you can set easily not that useful, if that makes any sense.

In any case, I've spent a few hours messing with the parameters, to get the reporting similar to the single outlet Aeotec smart switches (I have a bunch of gen2 switches, and sadly .61+ of the Z-Wave plug-in crashes them quite nicely if you want to change settings -- if you have gen2 switches, I recommend not upgrading past .55 -- so I've stuck with .55; the basic problem is that the latest version of the plug-in thinks the gen2 switches are gen6 switches, the latter which have more parameters that can be set, and which results in very long hangs if not worse if trying to change the settings on gen2, as an fyi).

If anyone is interested, let me know, and I can post how this is done. I have mine set up now to report watts every 2 minutes (so long as the wattage change is greater than a threshold), and kWh changes every 20 minutes. It's not that difficult -- just some binary to decimal conversion required depending on what you want to have done.
Working...
X