CM15 Plugin ActiveX fatal error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM15 Plugin ActiveX fatal error

I have HS3 running a CM11 nut am trying to also install the CM15 plug in.

I get the plug in installed (have also tried the beta version) and whilst it appears in my plug in list it says ** Fatal** ActiveX Control not installed.

What do I need to do to fix this.

Am running HS3 on a Windows 10 64 bit machine

From the plugin installation page it states:
    "For Windows:

This plugin uses the ActiveHome SDK ActiveX Control for all communications. If you have problems getting this plugin installed and working, download and install the free ActiveHome CM15A SDK from X10.com, this may fix any issue you are seeing. Make sure you install the CM15A USB drivers before installing this plugin."
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Can you point me to a source of CM15 USB drivers?

Comment

There should be error messages in the HS3 log when the plugin starts and when it encounters an error. Please post those log entries here so we can understand what the issue is.

Also, checking the "Developer Mode" checkbox on the Manage Plugins page will provide additional info in the HS3 log.

Hmmm, for some reason I thought the ActiveX plugin (AHscript.dll) was installed by the CM15A plugin. You can get the SDK from here: http://www.authinx.com/manuals/activ...dk_install.exe

I've been working with another user that moved from HS2 to HS3 on the same machine and there were issues with the ActiveX plugin registry entries that caused this same issue.

Also, just a note that running both the X10 and CM15a plugins at the same time may be a bit confusing. Each plugin will own the HS devices created under it and those devices will only be controlled by the owning plugin and interface. For example, if you have a device A1 setup under the X10 plugin (for the CM11A) and a device B2 setup under the CM15a plugin, when you send a command to A1 only the CM11A will send the command - the CM15A will not be involved. When sending a command to B2, only the CM15A will send the command and the CM11A will not be involved. This may or may not be an issue in your setup.

Where this will become an real issue is if you ever decide to remove one of the interfaces and want to transfer those devices to the other plugin. You will have to delete all of those devices, recreate them under the other plugin, then manually update each event that included those devices.

Please post your log entries and we can go from there.
        Last edited by mfisher; February 15, 2017, 10:26 AM. Reason: Added URL for ActiveHome SDK installer.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

I just updated my post above with the URL for the ActiveHome SDK installer.
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Working...
          X