This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSP now "included"??

You didn't mention it required a separate license, at least that's what the software is telling me. The main prog is registered, but the phone app says I'm on a 30 day trial.

What's up with that?

I haven't seen much talk here about special licensing issues, or for that matter not much here at all about hsphone in the new version.

FYI my experience thus far is rather disappointing. It falls far short on several levels:
    1. clunky UI (a very basic rework of old UI for web UI)
    2. poor migration assistance (need a program to parse old scripts to identify or fix issues)
    3. lots of compatibility problems

The only good thing I can report thus far is that the quality of the messages recorded by the new hsp is far superior to the old version. Whether that is due to the new software or not I can't say for sure. The default settings still don't work on my phone line to detect the hangup "clunk" or silence however.

But there seem to be all kinds of script problems, for example with the MID function, used in alot of scripts including the phone_action script.

So it looks like I have a labor intensive migration effort ahead of me
    Last edited by ; September 28, 2005, 08:35 AM.

Comment

The HSP software is integrated into HS2. The license to use that portion of the software is seperate and sold seperately. If you had HS1 HSPhone, then email to HST for the new HS2 license for HSP. If you never owned it, then buy and you will get a HS2 license (specify HS2 in the order).

Comment

new HSP license required

Thanx David for the reply. I've been a registered HSP user forever. Surprising Karen didn't have that inforation in her customer database.

Yet one more thing I need to do, but furtunately it's easy

Comment

clunky UI (a very basic rework of old UI for web UI)
          Hey, I like that new clunky UI. It's *so* much better than the old one, and I'm not missing the Windows GUI much at all.

--David

Comment

Looking for help?

I have gotten this on my log file for ever:
            <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>10/4/2007 9:48:19 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>J Status Request</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>10/4/2007 9:48:19 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>J Status Request</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>10/4/2007 9:48:20 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>J Status Request</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>10/4/2007 9:48:21 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>J Status Request</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>10/4/2007 9:48:22 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>J Status Request</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>10/4/2007 9:48:34 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>J Status Request</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It shows up on my long all the time and sometimes it could show 10 or more lines of the same. I dont even use J for anything. I can figure out where it is coming from. Nothing really before it, and what is, is always a differant event, so that doesnt help. Any ideas?
            danielbo

Comment

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
              I have gotten this on my log file for ever:
              <TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100&#37;" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>10/4/2007 9:48:19 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>J Status Request</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>10/4/2007 9:48:19 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>J Status Request</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>10/4/2007 9:48:20 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>J Status Request</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>10/4/2007 9:48:21 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>J Status Request</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>10/4/2007 9:48:22 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>J Status Request</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>10/4/2007 9:48:34 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>J Status Request</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It shows up on my long all the time and sometimes it could show 10 or more lines of the same. I dont even use J for anything. I can figure out where it is coming from. Nothing really before it, and what is, is always a differant event, so that doesnt help. Any ideas?

Hey that's very interesting... I thought I was alone with that problem..

I've had the same problem for a while and then it receeded, but it reappears from time to time. At one point in time, it would happen almost every other day.

The message that keeps popping is the same ! "J status request".

Most of the time that is... I also get some other garbage but the J status request is certainly predominant.

I also don't have any device on the "J" house code.

It can last for hours, filling pages and pages in the log, and then it suddenly stops...(not without having wrecked havoc on my system...)

If anybody has an idea as to what may cause this... shoot !

Comment

This is more than likely either noise on the powerline or an old thermostat script still trying to poll a thermostat. Check you device types and look at the RCS TX15B device type and see if you have a tstat script associated with this device. Of course only do this if you are no longer using the tstat script or do not have this type of tstat.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I was getting the same at one point. It turned out to be a UPS that i had moved to a new outlet (it had never caused me problems before). I installed a filter and the problem went away. So for me it was noise.

Neil
                  Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Noise was my first... and only guess but I never determined what the source could be.

It's not related to a thermostat coz I didn't have one when this started and never had one installed before and I don't have a UPS either...

I keep asking myself why "J status request" ??

If it's noise related, it should trigger all kinds of phantom messages...
                    Why this one in particular ? It doesn't make sense...

What about you Neil ? Did you get the "J status request" or something else when you had the problem ?

Joel

Comment

Yes, it was the exact same message - J Status Request. Had me baffled for a week or so since it just seemed to come from no-where. I had always had that UPS, i couldn't believe that by simply moving it one socket over i would suddenly start getting this.

As i said the filter fixed it for me. Sorry can't be more specific

Neil

Comment

It might be that, my ups system is pluged into the same outlet as the x10 interface (what ever that thing is that is plugged into the computer and outlet to send the signals.) I also just put two x10 plugs in the area of the HS computer. I have some cooling fans and thought since it is cooling off at night they could shut down. Maybe that is it. Because it has done and then stop for a awhile then start again.
                        So you think if I put on some filters, but I thought the UPS was a line filter? I dont know, just asking?
                        Thanks guys for any help and glad to know its a problem that others have. I just need it fixed.
                        danielbo

Comment

Daniel, i'm no expert but my understanding is that UPS units are amongst the biggest noise makers on the powerline. I'm sure someone will correct me if that statement is incorrect.

I cannot guarantee that putting filters in would fix it, you would need to know what to filter first i.e. you still need to locate the culprit

Comment

What is a cheap why to put filters on? Does any body know of a way?
                            danielbo

Comment

This is one option :

http://www.smarthome.com/1626-10.html

I'll go noise hunting the next time this problem surfaces.
                              I'll let you know if i find the cause.

Joel

Comment

10A filter

Originally posted by danielbo View Post
                                What is a cheap why to put filters on? Does any body know of a way?
                                Danielbo,

I have a rack mounted 1.5 KVa UPS that has 2 PC's, VCR, a Laser printer and about 20 wall warts for network equipment and other HA stuff. The UPS is plugged into a 10A Filter (Filterlinc I think. I'm not home so I can't check) and then I have my X10 interface plugged directly into the filter's passthru outlet.

Without the filter, the X10 interface will not function. With the PC's power supplies and all the wall warts also being filtered, I get a really clean circuit and no extraneous "noise" transmissions. I fought "noise" for years by moving transceivers and changing house codes until my X10 system got too big. After putting filters on nearly everying that was possibly noisy, I have had very reliable X10 service. I think the 10A filter is about $24 or so at SmartHome.com. Check eBay too..... OH! Or AutomatedOutlet.com! They usually have the best or close to the best price, and don't stick it to you on shipping and handling!

If you filter, you have to be sure that your interface module is NOT on the filtered side. I get around this issue easily by just plugging the interface directly into the Filter passthru. It saves an outlet space too.

Hope that info was what you were looking for.

Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X