This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Existing Service

I am an existing Vonage VoiP Customer with a single line. I currently handle all caller-id (all I do for now) on the analog side of the VoiP adapter. If I wanted to convert to the SIP connector do I need to get another line or will your connector work with my existing line?

The SIP Connector should work with your existing line. You can just try the plugin to be certain it suits your needs.

Just shut-down the VOIP adapter, and try to register your line from the plugin.

Best regards,
    --
    stipus

Comment

I just want to add that the same line might be registered multiple times. Of course only the first registered line can place and receive calls; but the second one (third one...) can also place calls.

You have to check on their policy or FAQ if they do allow it.

I have seen in some sip provider faqs that it's technically possible, but that they are monitoring the situation, and they can cancel your account if you do it (I don't know the Vonage policy, and that's why I told you to shutdown your ATA first, before registering the line from the plugin).

On the other hand, the Freephonie SIP provider here in France has a web configuration interface, where you can choose which registered softphone will receive calls.

Best regards,
      --
      stipus

Comment

Working...
      X