new HS-WD100+ : A problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new HS-WD100+ : A problem

I wanted to try out one of the new homeseer light switches (and I don't want to purchase the non-dimmer because it appears not to have an air-gap tab.) So, I got the dimmer to replace a GE/Jasco dimmer I have in a three-way arrangement.

My FIRST post-install impression was wondering why a homeseer lighting product doesn't have any images in the HomeSeer software product. No device image and no status images. After digging a bit, I found that the images DO exist in Windows, but (for some reason) they are missing in the linux tarball. (3.0.0.297 - which is the "current" available for download.)

I did find the images in a windows install, however. (I wonder how many other images are missing from the linux tarball...)

Someone from homeseer really should fix that. It looks really sloppy and unprofessional. Perhaps just copy the entire images tree from a Windows installation to the linux archive?

After that, everything seems to be going okay so far. I did notice something on accident: The homeseer master switch is perfectly happy working with the GE/Jasco 3-way accessory switch. I guess the switches share more than just their outer shell.

I'm not sure if I'll find a good use for all the central scene options, but it's really nice knowing that I have a TON of flexibility if I want it.

Suggestion: Put a air-gap on the non-dimmer HS-WS100. After a nightmare problem with a leviton z-wave switch that didn't have an air gap (and required that I cut power completely from the breaker panel - which impacted several other things) I will NOT use something I can't completely disconnect power from (without resorting to the circuit breaker.)

Take care
    Gary

Yeah, I would send an email to support@homeseer.com and point them to this thread. They do need to sync up the images folders.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      Yeah, I would send an email to support@homeseer.com and point them to this thread. They do need to sync up the images folders.
      Done. Hopefully, it'll be addressed.

Comment

Working...
      X