This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, where am I supposed to put that zip file, or it's extracted contents?
    Please read the first post

Comment

Originally posted by DonMor View Post
      Please read the first post
      Ok, got it. Works now.

Any reason these are manual and not part of the HS3 update process? No problems, either way, but it'd be nice to have them integrated to make it perhaps easier to keep up with new releases.

Comment

Ok, got it. Works now.

Any reason these are manual and not part of the HS3 update process? No problems, either way, but it'd be nice to have them integrated to make it perhaps easier to keep up with new releases.
        A good reason of this is I did not had time to fix that my priority is my work and prefer to add feature in the plugin.

Comment

A good reason of this is I did not had time to fix that my priority is my work and prefer to add feature in the plugin.
          No rush, it's good to see progress, thanks!

Comment

SeeTouch triggering events

Hi Don, I know we've been through this but I still am having issues triggering events with the SeeTouch keypads. As we last left it, I had to tie the event directly to the status of the scene (in my case). The example was I have a button labeled room off on only one of my keypads. That button then runs the Ra2 scene equivalent to turn off all of the lights in that room. Per your suggestion, I ultimately setup the event in HS3 to check if the 'room off' was in the state of 'on'. While that does indeed then trigger the HS3 event, I've noticed that any keypad in that room will also trigger the event -- doesn't matter what button is pressed on the other keypads. I'm wondering if there's a way to listed for the telnet string so that it's exactly that button on that keypad? As you know, I've experimented with using the button as a trigger and the scene as a trigger since you're plug-in exposes both, but neither of those work which is why we ended up looking at the status. Any ideas on how I can make this work correctly? Thanks! Cheers, Matt

Comment

Originally posted by grossmat View Post
              Hi Don, I know we've been through this but I still am having issues triggering events with the SeeTouch keypads. As we last left it, I had to tie the event directly to the status of the scene (in my case). The example was I have a button labeled room off on only one of my keypads. That button then runs the Ra2 scene equivalent to turn off all of the lights in that room. Per your suggestion, I ultimately setup the event in HS3 to check if the 'room off' was in the state of 'on'. While that does indeed then trigger the HS3 event, I've noticed that any keypad in that room will also trigger the event -- doesn't matter what button is pressed on the other keypads. I'm wondering if there's a way to listed for the telnet string so that it's exactly that button on that keypad? As you know, I've experimented with using the button as a trigger and the scene as a trigger since you're plug-in exposes both, but neither of those work which is why we ended up looking at the status. Any ideas on how I can make this work correctly? Thanks! Cheers, Matt
              I think I find a way, I'll test it this weekend.

Comment

Is there a way to run multiple instances of the LutronRA2 plugin? I have a valid license, but I can only configure it to control one repeater at any given time. I have 3 repeaters at home, thus, only one of them is functional while the other 2 can't be used (unless I switch the IP address that is).

Comment

Do you have 3 main repeater (3 independents systems) ?

Comment

They are independent, yes. I don't know why the installer did it this way, but if I use Lutron Home+, its shows three (3) systems. Main, Part2, Part3.

Comment

How many devices do you have in total? Because a Ra2 system can support up to two repeaters, each with 100 devices.

Are the repeaters all together in one location or spread around?

If you're under 200 devices and the repeaters are all close together the only reason I could imagine someone setting it up with three was because they weren't certified to set up 200 device networks (it involves paying to attend a training class).

Consolidating all your devices into one system would seem like a better plan than continuing to screw around with something oddball. It wouldn't be without some effort though, as you'd basically be re-pairing all of them. Not terribly difficult to do but it'd still take a day's worth of time walking around the house with a laptop.

Comment

How many devices do you have in total? Because a Ra2 system can support up to two repeaters, each with 100 devices.

Are the repeaters all together in one location or spread around?

If you're under 200 devices and the repeaters are all close together the only reason I could imagine someone setting it up with three was because they weren't certified to set up 200 device networks (it involves paying to attend a training class).

Consolidating all your devices into one system would seem like a better plan than continuing to screw around with something oddball. It wouldn't be without some effort though, as you'd basically be re-pairing all of them. Not terribly difficult to do but it'd still take a day's worth of time walking around the house with a laptop.
                        I have 200+ devices. All controllers are main repeaters (non auxilliary). Is there a way to configure main repeaters as auxiliary repeaters? Actually, the most important barrier on my end is that I don't have access to the LutronRA2 design/configuration software.

So I'd have to:
                        1. Buy aux repeaters (if main repeaters cant act as auxilliary)
                        2. Pay a certified programmer to reconfigure my whole system.
                        3. Wait a day or so for my system to be reconfigured (probably)???

in that case, having a second instance of the LutronRA2 plugin is a much simpler solution. I could also buy the LutronQS plugin and use that, as I only need to control outputs, but I'd rather not do that unless I'm left with no other options.

Thanks

Comment

Give me some time, I'll see what I need to do to have the instance working

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks!

Comment

Do you have any update on this?

Comment

Install the beta version 115. You will be able to add an instance

Comment

Working...
                                X