Reset zone status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset zone status?

So in switching over to the EVL4 from the IT-100, I noticed that some of my zones are not updating. I have about 5-6 zones that are showing as open. Some of these are not even active in the panel. I can't even poll them for their current status, the polling option doesn't work. Does anyone know how to reset them to closed in BLDSC?

Does anyone know if this can be done? Is there an ini that can be modified to reset this?

Comment

I am thinking it is because the zones are not in order. There is an option to specify the number of zones in the plugin. The plugin will create a device for them.
      I would need to make a change to delete the ones that are not populated on the zones page
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
        I am thinking it is because the zones are not in order. There is an option to specify the number of zones in the plugin. The plugin will create a device for them.
        I would need to make a change to delete the ones that are not populated on the zones page
        That's odd as this was working this way for over a year. The number of zones configured in the plugin hasn't changed, 32. I switched to the EVL4 from the IT-100 as I thought it was a serial communication issue. I think since the panel is not sending a 'Last Change' status of the affected zones, they are stuck in that state. An option would be to add a 'Toggle Bypass' option on each zone like the Homeseer DSC plugin. That would send a change of that zone to the plugin?

I would hate to delete and re-add the affected zones as I have the ref IDs setup in tons of events & scripts.

Thoughts?

Comment

Solved!

It seems I got a bit too impatient. For the heck of it, I switched 'Number of minutes to poll DSC system' back to 1 minute and it then refreshed all zones back to the 'restored' state. Issue resolved!

Comment

Ah ok - glad it is sorted out for you
            Cheers,
            Bob
            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I'm curious as to why you switched from IT-100 to EVL4 interface? I have both but just use the it100 to the HS DSC plugin and the EVL4 for remote monitoring through their alert system. What are the differences that you have noticed?

Comment

Originally posted by tbever View Post
                I'm curious as to why you switched from IT-100 to EVL4 interface? I have both but just use the it100 to the HS DSC plugin and the EVL4 for remote monitoring through their alert system. What are the differences that you have noticed?
                I would sometime have reliability issues with the serial port causing me to restart the HS server from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                X