Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newby just getting up and running

Hi everyone,

Newby here, I just installed my DSC 1864, I used Zone one for a motion sensor and have 15 wireless window/door contacts. I have the alarm up and working and can communicate with my EVL 4. I can see it on my local IP. I have went through the installation steps for the plug-in and have a problem. Nothing is updating in HS3. I have the correct IP Address entered and entered the password and the Master Code still nothing. I have not named my zones yet but didn't think that mattered yet. I did read this here.... "in the User Settings section, assign one or several DSC User Ids to HS users".... in the installation steps in the user guide. Not sure what to enter here, Where do I get my DSC User ID? I have added some pictures to help.

Any assistance is appreciated

Thanks, Mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by msmassengill; November 12, 2017, 05:56 AM. Reason: Updating the title to say SOLVED

did you intentionally hide the end of your IP in your screenshot? otherwise one number is missing
    you don't need to assign a user id, it's optional, zone names and types are optional too.

have you try to restart the plugin after setting the ip and password?
    are you sure your password is correct? it supposed to be the one you use when login into the local web page

set the log level to Debug to troubleshoot what's going wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by msmassengill View Post
      Hi everyone,

Newby here, I just installed my DSC 1864, I used Zone one for a motion sensor and have 15 wireless window/door contacts. I have the alarm up and working and can communicate with my EVL 4. I can see it on my local IP. I have went through the installation steps for the plug-in and have a problem. Nothing is updating in HS3. I have the correct IP Address entered and entered the password and the Master Code still nothing. I have not named my zones yet but didn't think that mattered yet. I did read this here.... "in the User Settings section, assign one or several DSC User Ids to HS users".... in the installation steps in the user guide. Not sure what to enter here, Where do I get my DSC User ID? I have added some pictures to help.

Any assistance is appreciated

Thanks, Mike
      You do not have a complete IP address entered for the EVL4. I would start there.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yes I removed the last of my IP address, Sorry Just didn't want it out there. I usually do when it comes to the IP Address. I did restart the plug in after I installed it and set everything up. But went ahead and just restarted it and everything seems to be working now.

Thanks for the help, Sure I will come across more as I continue to learn more about this plug in.

Thanks, Mike

Comment

SOLVED!!!!!

Ok, Maybe I spoke to soon, I set my log to Debug and getting this error.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by msmassengill; November 12, 2017, 05:55 AM.

Comment

O.k. I figured it out. I booted my Alarm system last night before going to bed and restarted the plug in and when I woke up this morning everything was working perfectly with no error's in the log.

Comment

Working...
            X