This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    seems that the problem has something to do with SSL handshake.
    what OS are you running HS3 on?

Do you get this error with all your chromecasts or a specific one? If it is a specific one, what kind is it?

thanks
    Guess what... just when I was about to unplug all CC one at a time to see if I could locate the one that is giving issues, it stopped... After several days of flooding the log...

I'll monitor the upcoming days to see if the issue comes back. And I am using Windows currently.

Anyway, I am a bit concerned that this could cause the Plugin to loop in resetting the connection to all CC devices. That in turn would trigger all kind of events, and if that happens every few seconds...

I would suggest resetting the connection once, maybe twice but it the same error comes back in xx minutes, just give up. Continues resetting only makes things worse.

Thanks!
    stefxx

Comment

Long story short, the Bonjour service is kind of buggy, so in version 3.0.0.20 available in first post of this thread, I have implemented a restart of the discovery process when a connection error is detected. This should have the same effect that restarting the plugin.

If you still have issues please provide full debug logs.
      Spud,

Have been up over 24 hrs, and still connected. No missed announcements, either.

I used to auto-restart the plugin, but it was inevitable the connection would drop sometime after restart.

This fix, while not ideal simply due to Bonjour, is apparently solving the issue.

Kudos, and will report back any issues.

Thanks again!

Kevin

Comment

let's say i want to use the Google voice for all my annoncement .And i have one chromecast and 4 sonos speaker.

With the Forward Speak Actions to HS cheked...does that mean homeseer will get the message too? then i can send the annoncement where i want ?

and if sometimes i want to use the chromecast for tts... i will get the annonce in the chromecast and in the homeseer speaker ( or in the sonos if i find the way to do this).

If this is possible , woudl it be possible to add a virtual chromecast device, as a fowarder to be able to use the google tts voice with any speaker we want?

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
          let's say i want to use the Google voice for all my annoncement .And i have one chromecast and 4 sonos speaker.

With the Forward Speak Actions to HS cheked...does that mean homeseer will get the message too? then i can send the annoncement where i want ?

and if sometimes i want to use the chromecast for tts... i will get the annonce in the chromecast and in the homeseer speaker ( or in the sonos if i find the way to do this).

If this is possible , woudl it be possible to add a virtual chromecast device, as a fowarder to be able to use the google tts voice with any speaker we want?
          Google TTS voice will only work with your chromecast devices (Google Home included)

The "Forward Speak Actions to HS" setting should usually be checked unless you have another plugin that acts as a Speak proxy (like AirplaySpeak, Sonos, etc...) in this case you need to uncheck it otherwise both plugin will forward the same message to HS speakers resulting in duplicates messages.

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
            Guess what... just when I was about to unplug all CC one at a time to see if I could locate the one that is giving issues, it stopped... After several days of flooding the log...
            it's back. And it is related to a piece of software my son installed on his PC, called Apowersoft. As soon as his PC is on, the SSPI error comes up.

Disabling the "device" in the config doesn't help. What can I do to fix this? My son seems to have good use for this software, so if I can simply exclude it from the CC plugin that would be great...
            stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
              it's back. And it is related to a piece of software my son installed on his PC, called Apowersoft. As soon as his PC is on, the SSPI error comes up.

Disabling the "device" in the config doesn't help. What can I do to fix this? My son seems to have good use for this software, so if I can simply exclude it from the CC plugin that would be great...
              If you disable the device from the config page, the plugin will not try to connect to it so you shouldn't get any error (unless this device is also part of a chromecast group which is enabled in the plugin)

Post a full debug log with the device disabled if you can't figure it out.

Comment

If you disable the device from the config page, the plugin will not try to connect to it so you shouldn't get any error (unless this device is also part of a chromecast group which is enabled in the plugin)

Post a full debug log with the device disabled if you can't figure it out.
                Are you sure? Because even after I close down the PC with Apowersoft, and DELETE the device from the plugin page, I continue to get this error:

Apr-21 23:19:12 Chromecast ERROR A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.0.0.114:8009
                Apr-21 23:18:21 Chromecast ERROR A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 10.0.0.114:8009

every minute or so. 10.0.0.114 is the IP address of my sons PC.

I will try again tomorrow. I let the plugin rediscover the Apowersoft device and disable it, and then send you the debug log.

Thanks!
                stefxx

Comment

BTW, the connection attempt error stopped after a restart of the plugin. So perhaps when I disable the device and restart the plugin, it will stop the SSPI error as well. I'll try tomorrow.
                  stefxx

Comment

Downloads missing from first post?
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                      Downloads missing from first post?
                      sorry about that, it's fixed now

Comment

Thanks, At first I was thinking all manor of things I was doing wrong, then I came to the conclusion I need a vacation..
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Can I send keyboard keys to my Android tv with this plugin? For example I want to be able to type an iptv channel number...

Comment

Hi. Spud. Thanks for everything you have done with this plugin. After reading all of the comments it is clear you have a genuine desire to help and support all your work.

I have one question and I didn’t find an answer to it yet. I want this to speak this text but it is pretty long. It’s basically an intro to anyone staying in my guest room about all of the automation functionality of my house. Needless to say it’s more than a sentence.

What is is the best way to speak multiple sentences/ paragraphs via chrome cast.

Comment

Hey Spud. Cool Plugin. I had been using MQTT/Autocast/tasker for something similar to this. Great to have some native support.

Is there any chance you could support a .html page in the near future?

Ive just read on stackoverflow that it is possible with a custom reciever. I have no clue how to do that, but it is popssible. See here - https://developers.google.com/cast/docs/custom_receiver

Id really love to be able to display my custom dashboard from adafruit/newsfeed on my various TV's every morning once my Alexa alarm goes off using the Alexa IFTTT alarm trigger to HS and would be a reason for me to register.

Comment

Hi Spud, would you consider a new feature to this already great plugin?

I am using 5 Chromecasts for quite some time now. I noticed that the reliability decreased over time, until I reboot the device. Nothing to do with your plugin. But it would be great if I could schedule a daily or weekly reboot of the devices. Perhaps next to "Connect" and "Disconnect" also a "Reboot" button?

Thanks!
                                stefxx

Comment

Working...
                                X