New internet provider- Frontier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New internet provider- Frontier?

As I understand it, Frontier was focused mostly on rural areas by purchasing phone lines. They also may be an agent to rebundle other carrier's services. They seem to have some fairly negative reviews.

While Comcast is certainly worthy of criticism for pricing tactics, they have been very good here when the (very rare) problem arises. We pay for 250 down and 10 up and frequently get more than 250 down. Up is usually 10-12.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I filed a complaint with the FL AG and DSL Reports dot com website after Frontier took over for Verizon FIOS.

They took down my router then pushed a new service contract and new hardware while my internet was down for two weeks.

The FL AG was non committal / worthless relating to helping me.

Thinking it was my posts on DSL Reports and writing to Frontier ISP managers (from Texas) that fixed me.

That said as soon as it the new Frontier ISP was working I canceled my contract and went to Comcast.
      Last edited by Pete; April 23, 2018, 01:08 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
      X