BLRF Not Updating Temperature On Oregon Scientific Sensor With New ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLRF Not Updating Temperature On Oregon Scientific Sensor With New ID

I replaced the batteries on an Oregon Scientific Temperature Sensor. The Sensor is listed in the logs with the new ID number (it gets a new ID number when you put new batteries in it). I then went to the BLRF plugin under "Sensors" and did an "Edit" on the device that needed the update. I replaced the old ID with the new ID from the logs. The problem is the Device now does not update the temperature.

How is this supposed to work? Do I need to completely delete the old device and create a new one (that would suck). I was hoping to just feed the new ID in the plug-in and be able to keep all the device REF and other settings.

Any help is appreciated.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com

That should have worked
    Can you post a screenshot of what you did
    Capture a debug log of the new sensor receiving data and let me know what the ID is
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I just ended up deleting the entire entry in BLRF and also deleted the device from HomeSeer. When I re-added it in BLRF it worked.

I will duplicate what I did last time by removing the battery and reinstalling it so that the Oregon Scientific sensor gets a new ID# and will try just editing that in BLRF and will send you the logs.
      jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

So again I replaced the batteries on an Oregon Scientific Temperature Sensor. The Sensor is listed in the logs with the new ID number (it gets a new ID number when you put new batteries in it). I then went to the BLRF plugin under "Sensors" and did an "Edit" on the device that needed the update. I replaced the old ID with the new ID from the logs. The problem is the Device now does not update the temperature.

Old Oregon Sensor ID = 30466
        New Oregon Sensor ID = 8194

The log shows the senor reporting in from BLRF with debug turned on:

Code:
        Sep-14 2:15:50 PM BLRFSignal level = 5
        Sep-14 2:15:50 PM BLRFStatus = Comfortable
        Sep-14 2:15:50 PM BLRFHumidity = 42
        Sep-14 2:15:50 PM BLRFTemperature = 73.8 °F
        Sep-14 2:15:50 PM BLRFID = [U][B]8194[/B][/U]
        Sep-14 2:15:50 PM BLRFSequence nbr = 84
        Sep-14 2:15:50 PM BLRFsubtype = TH2 - THGR810
        Sep-14 2:15:42 PM BLRFBattery = OK
        But the corresponding HomeSeer device that sensor was tied to no longer updates even after I updated the settings in BLRF:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-14_14-21-38.png
Views:	67
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	1247392

You can see that the HomeSeer device is no longer updating and also has an Address that still contains the original Oregon Scientific ID

Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-14_14-24-48.png
Views:	61
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1247393

Name:	Screenshot_2018-09-14_14-25-10.png
Views:	50
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	1247394

Last time I "resolved" this by just deleting and recreating the sensors in BLRF. I really do not want to have to do that again. What can I try here?
        jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Have you tried a disable/enable cycle on the BLRF plugin?... I seem to remember a similar issue, and I can't remember if I tried that to fix it or not... (or .. I may have deleted the device and added again.. which is a pain.)

Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

I tried both restarting HS Pro and also completely rebooting the Windows 7 machine running HS Pro, neither made a difference.

The question is how does BLRF know the Device Reference it creates to go up date the temperature? The reason I ask is that as you can see in the screenshots, the address on the device still has the old Oregon Sensor ID:

"30466-OregonTemperature-TH2THGR810"

Whereas that Device now has a new Oregon Sensor ID of 8194. If BLRF looks up the HS Device by using the device Address then this would fail.

By the way I see in the debug logs the Temp Sensor reporting in every minute with the new sensor ID so I know BLRF is receiving it.

What else should I try?
            jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Ok this is now resolved! Blade updated the code on BLRF and this is now working (2.0.95.0)! Yay!! Thank you!!
              jean@vaneskahian.com

Comment

Working...
              X