Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catch-22 while trying to set up event --- need help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catch-22 while trying to set up event --- need help!

OK, this is hard to explain, so please bear with me....

I'm using the DS10A on my fridge door. The idea is to complain when the door has been accidentally left open.

I use hs.devicevaluesadd to make 'closed' = 2 and 'open' = 1, and devicevaluegraphicsadd to have clever icons for closed/open.

OK, now, in order to use 1 and 2 as the device values, I must set 'Full Function' on the device's properties in the W800 configuration. (2 means normal, 1 means alert)

However, with that configuration set, I can't make a trigger 'has been on for at least' in order to generate an alarm if the door has been 'open for at least x minutes'

The only triggers available are device condition None, Alert, Normal, Communication Failure or Any Value

IF I change the property to 'X10 On Off only', the event has the 'On for at least' trigger, but the device VALUE is always 100, so I can't use icons or 'closed/open' in hs.devicevaluesadd.

Can the plugin set the device value to 0 for off and 100 for on? I think 'normal' X10 devices do this don't they?

Firtha, you need to create a virtual device that is turned on and off by the trigger of your DS10 being in the equivelant on/off status. Use 2 events that monitor for changes in your DS10 devices and swith the virtual device on/off. Then monitor the virtual devise for "has been on for x minutes" and that'll do it.
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Thanks jrfuda, that works... I just thought there'd be an easier way ... this method requires 3 events and 2 devices when I thought one of each would do.

Comment

Working...
      X