Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between Nexa one-button and two-button switches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between Nexa one-button and two-button switches?

It seems to me like the two-button Nexa switches works much better than the one-button switch.

Is there a technical reason why, or is it only in my head?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

the one button version uses an older version transmitter.

Comment

Ah, so it might not be only me, then...

I'm still wondering why Nexa/HomeEasy won't make a one button swithc with self-learning codes...
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

We use the products a bit different than they were designed for. Normally the switch is close to the lamp module connected to and the range is no problem in that case.

Comment

An excellent point, but we're not talking about long distances to the receiver here, I'm guessing maximum 1.5 meters.

The single button switch needs multiple presses to make HomeSeer react, but the two button switch seldom needs more than one. The "self learning" motion sensor also reacts at once.

I'll try to change the battery, just to be sure. Or I'll just use the two button switch.

Comment

Working...
          X