No announcement yet.

Ultra1Wire2 HSPI - Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my ha7e died and all my extra money (yea right) is going towards another project at the moment ( an iscsi san), any chance in supporting the DS9490R USB 1wire device. I really miss my 1wire and buying a ha7net or temp08 is out of the question at this time. the DS9490R works with my Quatech USBIP device (since I am 100% virtualized at this time) and have no physical ports

(it never hurts to ask)
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Do you have multiple TEMP05/8 1-wire adapters?
      On the HS box have 1 direct serial Temp08 connected analogue, 1 Temp05 connected via another analogue port (XAP) and two 9097's connected (XAP). These are all connected serially to HS. (they work both with direct connections and via a Digi USB Anywhere connected to two Digi USB to 8 port serial boxes)

I also have another box with another Temp08 talking to HS via XAP. This Temp08 is connected to a Quatech box on another PC (as a test) and the main PC running the XAP application is using the information via a network connection.

The 9097 serial setup is using two ports with one Xap plugin running which works well and gives me decent numbers.

13 devices on the two 9097 1 wire networks
      5 devices on the Temp05 1 wire network
      12 devices on one 1-Wire Temp08-A network
      2 devices on one 1-Wire Temp08-B network

The weather "mast" has a weather pagoda with a combo light, humidity and temperature sensor. The weather pagoda plastic is falling apart with cracks in it after only about 1 year. The combo sensor quit working after about 2 months with only the temperature piece of it working. The lightning sensor continues to function after about 3 years. The AAG 1-wire weather station works but is not accurate. The rain sensor was moved from the "mast" to ground level and continues to work.

Ideally (and I guess going back some 10 years) it would be nice to have multiple serial / USB 1-Wire connectivity to one plugin. I remember working on this in the early 2000's with Jim DooLittle's plugin. I kept giving him 1-wire devices to test. My current setup is basically using 4 serial devices and 4 applications to get the 1-wire data. Having to be able to move the serial devices to "virtual" on the network serial devices helps but one application getting numbers from 4 serial/USB devices at the same time would be optimal.
      Last edited by Pete; November 27, 2010, 09:01 AM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

8 Channel I/O DS2408 board

I purchased an 8 Channel I/O relay board using a DS2408 1-wire chip in hopes that your plugin would control it using an HA7Net. I don't see that it does however. I wanted to control some garage heaters in my business using temperatures gotten from my DS18S20 chips. Is it possible to use this board with your plugin? If not, do you know another way to control relays using 1-wire?
        Thanks,
        Jack Fink

Comment

xapmcs1Wire does support the DS2408 I/O and I think mcsTemperture does as well. These are DS9097U Serial / DS9490 USB type interfaces at the PC.

Comment

Data in MS-Access

Hi UltraJones,

I am using the Ultra1wire2 plugin. Great plugin.

I like to use MS-Access as standaard database for Ultra1wire2? Is that possible?

At the moment SQL Lite is the database. Is there a possibility to download the data from SQL Lite into MS-Excel?

Thanks, Wiel

Comment

I'd like to be able to set "Hide device from views" and have it stay selected after HS restart. In HS Touch, the Device Selector populates based on this attribute. I don't want the family to be able to disable/enable 1-wire Sensor Checking or Close the database if I forget to hide the devices after HS restart. Need this on UltraGCIR also.

Comment

On the chart page would it be possible to have a button to 'uncheck all'. I have a lot of sensors, and usually only want to graph a couple of them. Its a bit of a paint having to uncheck over 20 to leave me with 2 for the graph. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by snodge View Post
                  On the chart page would it be possible to have a button to 'uncheck all'. I have a lot of sensors, and usually only want to graph a couple of them. Its a bit of a paint having to uncheck over 20 to leave me with 2 for the graph. Thanks.
                  Yes, this feature was added and will be available in the next release.
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Would it be possible to have the temperature device value a multiple of 10 for the temperature as i would like to trigger events on fractions of a degree.

Comment

Originally posted by 8r1an View Post
                      Would it be possible to have the temperature device value a multiple of 10 for the temperature as i would like to trigger events on fractions of a degree.
                      Yes, I'll get that added for the next release.
                      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                        Yes, I'll get that added for the next release.
                        Just noticed that you had added this.

Thanks

Comment

Hi !!

Will you develop an hs3 version of your plugin and will ds9490 interface compatible...?

Thanx

Comment

More Hobby Board Devices

Ultra:

Does your plug-in support these Hobby Boards devices?
                            Humidity/Temp HT4-R1-A
                            Barometer B2-R1-A
                            Moisture Meter MM4-R2-A

It looks like Eric at Hobby Boards also has a wireless master/daughter card arrangement for remote applications. It would be really great if this plug-in supported his devices as well as all the EDS devices.

I have been using the Hobby boards devices in my current 30 node 1-wire network in my house and garden for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by FeMan View Post
                              Ultra:

Does your plug-in support these Hobby Boards devices?
                              Humidity/Temp HT4-R1-A
                              Barometer B2-R1-A
                              Moisture Meter MM4-R2-A

It looks like Eric at Hobby Boards also has a wireless master/daughter card arrangement for remote applications. It would be really great if this plug-in supported his devices as well as all the EDS devices.

I have been using the Hobby boards devices in my current 30 node 1-wire network in my house and garden for quite a while.
                              I believe the Humidity/Temp sensors are supported as long as you have it connected to one of the supported 1-wire adapters. I am not able to test the Barometer or Moisture Meter, but they probably don't work because they are not supported by any of the EDS 1-Wire adapters or the TEMP08.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Feature to exclude infamous 185 reading from 1-wire temp sensor

Hi UltraJones,

I'd like to see a feature in Ultra1Wire3 that will allow me to ignore a read value of 185 from 1-wire temp sensors. Also, include the ability to log (or not log) 185 errors. (log error should include sensor address and/or name)

I know i can check for this in the event or with scripting, but it will be easier (for me anyway) to ignore the error in the plugin.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X