Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Venstar Thermostat Insteon work with Homeseer 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Venstar Thermostat Insteon work with Homeseer 2?

Hi folks:

I was previously using a templinc X10 temperature device, but cannot seem to get that going with Homeseer v2. Worked with Homeseer v1.6.

I do have the Insteon plugin from Mark Sandler, but cannot seem to get the templinc to report temperatures.

I would like to replace it with the Venstar Thermostat (Smarthome item 2491T1e) as it would be RF only and I have some powerline issues ... trying to get away from using the powerline if I can help it. I need it to essentially turn on a couple of other insteon units when the temperature rises above, or falls below a certain temperature.

Will this item work with Homeseer if I use the SAGE thermostat plugin?

Best regard, Dave Melnyk

Dave

Yes it will. You need to be careful that the venstar is "insteon compatibile" and there is a separate module that allows it to communicate wirelessly with your network. If you're buying from smarthome, the ones that say insteon have the module with them. The one you listed, 2491T1e, has the insteon module buit in

The reason for bringing it up are that the prices are all over the place on Amazon and ebay. Typically the lower prices for the ventstar on those sites mean that they are not coming with the insteon module and you need to find them too.
    Paul

Comment

Hi Paul: Thanks for the reply ... good to know that this should work the way I need it to..

Best regards, Dave Melnyk

Comment

You will also need the Sage Insteon Thermostat plug in, which is compatibile with Mark Sandler's Insteon plug in. I use them both and they work great individually and together.

Comment

Working...
        X