Future Node Allocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Node Allocation

Does anyone know if I can allocate future nodes. In other words, skip a node and come back later and include a device. The reason I ask is I am migrating from Leviton Installer tool and software to HS3 and SmartStick+ and this is allowed under Leviton software.

I'm about 99% certain that the answer is no. Node numbers are assigned by the Z-Wave interface, and HS3 doesn't have a way to reserve/skip numbers.

One thing you *might* be able to do, although I've never tried, is to add a device, and hope it populates to the number you want. Then, later, replace this node with the device you want.

What I"m not sure about is whether you can replace a node with a different type of device (perhaps doing a rescan afterwards?). I've successfully replaced nodes with the exact same type of device, but have never tried different ones.

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

I removed a two button Leviton VISA RF switch which is a controller ID and two switch ID's. I replaced with two Individual switches. The reason I want to skip a node is for documentation purposes. I am trying to keep the original nodes numbers from the old Leviton system so if I do not keep the original node numbers I will have to go into the Elk M1 rules and locate and change the nodes numbers. I have about 150 rules. Hope this makes sense.

Comment

Working...
      X