www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Shodan Software Plug-ins > Jeedom

Jeedom This is the discussion area for the Jeedom plug-in.

Old April 17th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerguy View Post
Did you tried z wave with jeedom? Or you manage all your zwave stuff with mqtt?

If you manage z-wave with Mqtt. You do it with what system/plugin/drivers/anything else lol ?
Hi SummerGuy,

I use the zwave plugin from Jeedom (free) with a Zwave+ Gen5 USB stick from Aeon labs (https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00...A1X6FK5RDHNB96)
The plugin is based on openzwave and works like a charm.
Just set your Z-wave dongle port in the plugin config page (in Jeedom of course) and start your plugin - wait a few minutes for the zwave daemon to start and you(re done !
Old April 17th, 2018, 07:32 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi Shoden,

My native language is french, so it wont be difficult to learn the jeedom platform.

I bought your plugin and played with it a little. This is a really nice integration!

For now i have added a simple device wich do a speedtest of the internet connection. But since the my RPI is 100 mbits... i dont get the real data lol ( my connection is 120, but usualy got 135)
But this data would be usefull if i want to know exactly when the internet is down.

Did you tried the hs zwave plugin? how does it compare to the openzwave platform on jeedom?

Thanks

edit:

Do you think the PI 3b can handle a lot of plugins and devices if i do all my automation in hs3? I only want to use jeedom to get acces to some devices

Last edited by Summerguy; April 17th, 2018 at 07:46 PM.
Old April 17th, 2018, 07:47 PM
Seer Master

Hello Summerguy,

Have you seen the Monitoring plugin ?

Eman.
Old April 17th, 2018, 08:05 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi Eman,

Just saw it.

But did install it. That is really nice information I get from the PI! thank you. this will answer my question about perf haha

Question: is it possible to change the refresh time in Jeedom, i mean for a device?
When I set something to pool information every minute i got *****... can i change some of the stars to pool every 15 minutes? like ***15
Attached Images

Old April 17th, 2018, 08:23 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman View Post
Hello Summerguy,

Have you seen the Monitoring plugin ?

Eman.
Not realated to my last question.

But Is there a way to change to pooling on this ( Monitoring plugin)? what is the default value? i Do not see it. Thank you
Old April 17th, 2018, 08:33 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Hi Eman,

Just saw it.

But did install it. That is really nice information I get from the PI! thank you. this will answer my question about perf haha

Question: is it possible to change the refresh time in Jeedom, i mean for a device?
When I set something to pool information every minute i got *****... can i change some of the stars to pool every 15 minutes? like ***15
Shodan would the best person to answer that. I use the system mainly on the plugin side. Once I install them, it's them that I configure and the information is relayed into HomeSeer. It may be configured through the main settings, that am not sure. But take a bit more time with system as you wait for Shodan for the proper. ===> There is far too much to discover!

I even sent you an email through your profile.

Eman.
Old April 17th, 2018, 08:43 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Not realated to my last question.

But Is there a way to change to pooling on this ( Monitoring plugin)? what is the default value? i Do not see it. Thank you
If am not confused by what you mean by pooling , I think it's done system wide through the Jeedom and HomeSeer plugin settings. If I look again I may be able find something.

EDIT : Can check this out here : https://jeedom.github.io/documentati..._US/index.html

Eman.

Last edited by Eman; April 18th, 2018 at 05:36 AM.
Old April 17th, 2018, 09:04 PM
Seer Deluxe

Thank you.

one last question.

How to you control the actuators?

Ex: ( i created a device which has reboot + turn off buttons in hs3) ?

when I use the ''reboot'' button in Jeedoom (monitor plugin), it works. But when I try to use it in homeseer nothing happen
Old April 17th, 2018, 09:07 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
If am not confused by what you mean by pooling , I think it's done system wide through the Jeedom and HomeSeer plugin settings. I if look again I may be able find something.

EDIT : Can check this out here : https://jeedom.github.io/documentati..._US/index.html

Eman.
it says that the plugin ''refresh itself every 15 minutes. That is ok for me

Le plugin actualise les informations toutes les 15min (00, 15, 30 et 45).
Old April 17th, 2018, 09:26 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Thank you.

one last question.

How to you control the actuators?

Ex: ( i created a device which has reboot + turn off buttons in hs3) ?

when I use the ''reboot'' button in Jeedoom (monitor plugin), it works. But when I try to use it in homeseer nothing happen
You import the devices into HomeSeer!

Have you seen this file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbgk14kz8b...anual.pdf?dl=0 ?

Make sure that everything is connected.

NOTE : The correct API Key is found on the main Jeedom settings when click "USERS" (Put in HomeSeer side) You can use the Admin API key in HomeSeer for now until you get to know the system. The link :
http://192.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/pushToHS...&value=#value# should be copied in the commands. (Jeedom side)

Go through all the settings first and you will find your way around.

Eman.

Last edited by Eman; April 17th, 2018 at 09:41 PM.
Old April 17th, 2018, 09:38 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
You import the devices into HomeSeer!

Have you seen this file : https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbgk14kz8b...anual.pdf?dl=0 ?

Make sure that everything is connected.

Eman.
was using the global api key . I changed that for the user api key

It works now ! Thanks
Old April 17th, 2018, 09:46 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
was using the global api key . I changed that for the user api key

It works now ! Thanks

Ok cool and enjoy!

Eman.
Old April 18th, 2018, 06:55 AM
Seer

@Eman :
Glad to see you’re providing the plugin support while I am sleeping ! Thank you !

@Summerguy :
I tried HS Zwave plugin, bit that was a long time ago and my experience with it was not perfect : not all of my zwave devices were supported, and at that time openzwave community was much reactive than HS Team.
Things have probably changed now since HS Team put a lot of work on their Zwave plugin, but I did not re-try it since I am fine with Jeedom.

Regarding the use of pi for Jeedom, let me share my experience. First of all, it’s not that much the number of plugin used that makes the load, but the number of devices managed by Jeedom.
I am using HS3/Jeedom just as you plan to : communication with iot/radio equipment with Jeedom and processing/UI with HS3 (and HSTouch for UI). So my only plugin running on HS3 is Jeedom Plugin (now that HSTouch plugin has been embedded with HS3)
For Jeedom, I was using a Pi2 running 13 plugins : Ambilight, Mobile App, Monitoring, Openvpn, Philips Hue, Pushover, RFXcom, Thermostat, Virtual, Meteo, Widget, Xiaomi home and Z-wave, for a total number of 71 devices (and 638 command/status).
The Pi2 was handling the load with no issue.

I moved to an Odroid C2/emmc two months ago because of the poor reliability of the SDCard on the Pi. I was fed up to make a backup of my SDCard every month. With the Emmc, I should be safe now (note that some Jeedom users also elect to add a SSD to their Pi to deal with the SDCard risk).
With the Odroid, I can notice a slight improvement in device reactivity.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old April 18th, 2018, 03:23 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
@Eman :
Glad to see you’re providing the plugin support while I am sleeping ! Thank you !
Yes thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post

@Summerguy :
I tried HS Zwave plugin, bit that was a long time ago and my experience with it was not perfect : not all of my zwave devices were supported, and at that time openzwave community was much reactive than HS Team.
Things have probably changed now since HS Team put a lot of work on their Zwave plugin, but I did not re-try it since I am fine with Jeedom.

Regarding the use of pi for Jeedom, let me share my experience. First of all, it’s not that much the number of plugin used that makes the load, but the number of devices managed by Jeedom.
I am using HS3/Jeedom just as you plan to : communication with iot/radio equipment with Jeedom and processing/UI with HS3 (and HSTouch for UI). So my only plugin running on HS3 is Jeedom Plugin (now that HSTouch plugin has been embedded with HS3)
For Jeedom, I was using a Pi2 running 13 plugins : Ambilight, Mobile App, Monitoring, Openvpn, Philips Hue, Pushover, RFXcom, Thermostat, Virtual, Meteo, Widget, Xiaomi home and Z-wave, for a total number of 71 devices (and 638 command/status).
The Pi2 was handling the load with no issue.

I moved to an Odroid C2/emmc two months ago because of the poor reliability of the SDCard on the Pi. I was fed up to make a backup of my SDCard every month. With the Emmc, I should be safe now (note that some Jeedom users also elect to add a SSD to their Pi to deal with the SDCard risk).
With the Odroid, I can notice a slight improvement in device reactivity.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Thank you for all this information ! The ssd part make me think that I have a laptop with a amd dual core sitting somewhere. And a 240gb ssd in in.

Since i am starting on Jeedoom, i Think i will just reinstall it on the laptop.
And will use the laptop for Home assistant and open hab too ( when I will have time to learn them).
Old May 21st, 2018, 03:51 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi Shodan,

I noticed a new update on the updater.

Could you say me what has been updated?

Thank you ,
Old May 21st, 2018, 04:10 PM
Seer

Quote:
Hi Shodan,

I noticed a new update on the updater.

Could you say me what has been updated?

Thank you ,
Hi SummerGuy,

Not to much change for you. Version 1.3.2.0 is just the official release of the 'private' correction you and Eman receive through version 1.3.1.1.
Also 1.3.2.0 has been integrated in the new updater system. It should be invisible for plugin users, except that it seems you now have to disconnect the plugin first, then update, then turn on the plugin again.

The main post has been updated with the content of 1.3.2.0.
Old May 21st, 2018, 05:27 PM
Seer Deluxe

Thanks!