Envisalink DSC NEO Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Envisalink DSC NEO Support

Has support for the DSC NEO series been added to Envisalink? I only see references to DCS Power Series.

No. The comunication protocols are different.

Comment

Too bad....Thanks much!

Comment

Getting ready to purchase a DSC1864. Is it safe to assume support for NEO is a long ways off? If anything is in the works, I don't mind waiting while it is developed. Thanks!

Comment

I would get the 1864. They are cheap now and easy to integrate. I bought mine about a year ago and its been solid since purchase and personally I didn't care for the touch screen fancy keypads. Had them in the past and just didn't care for them.

Plus with the integration I have setup, I think I have touched the keypads about a dozen times since install.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin316 View Post
            Getting ready to purchase a DSC1864. Is it safe to assume support for NEO is a long ways off? If anything is in the works, I don't mind waiting while it is developed. Thanks!
            There is nothing on the eyez-on forum that indicates there is any progress to integrate with NEO and DSC have not released the API, so other the Control 4 it appears to be safe to say it is a long time off.

Comment

DSC NEO SUPPORT

Hey Guys!
              DSC seems to be moving toward letting automation integrate with their NEO panels. Im partnering with a company that does DSC Neo installs. So... this would help tremendously... as the powerseries are being phased out of production and sales.

How do we create the movement here to get something developed? Who do we ask and write to?

Like Nike says.... Just Do IT!!

Comment

integration with Control 4 was announced over a year ago.... whats needed for this to move forward with Homeseer?
                http://www.dsc.com/index.php?n=news&o=main&id=56&subtype=release

Comment

As far as I am aware there is no progress from Envisalink to connect to NEO.

The C4 driver connects is via the TL280 but you would need the API and then write a new plugin.

Comment

So who can we approach with this request?Could bring on a nice LOB for us and help more DSC users.

Comment

Ive submitted a request directly to EyezON via my dealer/reseller program. Waiting on a response.

Comment

I would suspect this would need to be HS initiated and this would be green field project from the ground up.

On the Envisalink side, they is no driver for them to do this as indicated above the integration is via the DSC TL280 and not their products.

Comment

I work directly with a DSC rep who is plugged into the engineering side of this. I spoke with him today about when they expect to open up an API for 3rd party integration and I was told that it has been coming up at every development and roadmap meeting for a while. They are supposed to be working on it, they are saying it might be in the next year, but they are also not committing to a release date or even a window of time to release. I was checking on this specifically because I have a client that is heavily automated and wants to move up to the NEO.

I sell projects with an integrated NEO...but integrated with Kantech and Exacq... not Homeseer or anything of the sort. I am actually thinking about reaching out to the Kantech engineers to see what is there for integration for us. All sensors in the DSC NEO can be populated into the Kantech. I'm not opposed to buying a KT1 if it gets me the other integration I want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Priest View Post
                            I am actually thinking about reaching out to the Kantech engineers to see what is there for integration for us. All sensors in the DSC NEO can be populated into the Kantech. I'm not opposed to buying a KT1 if it gets me the other integration I want to see.
                            I just spoke to one of the Kantech guys and he said that Smartlink may be our way in. Smartlink is their API and when it is running it can pass information and controls to/from the kantech. Since the Kantech is fully integrated to the DSC NEO and every sensor can be configured to show up in the Kantech.... there may be the answer.

Anyone want to write a plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by Priest View Post
                              I just spoke to one of the Kantech guys and he said that Smartlink may be our way in. Smartlink is their API and when it is running it can pass information and controls to/from the kantech. Since the Kantech is fully integrated to the DSC NEO and every sensor can be configured to show up in the Kantech.... there may be the answer.

Anyone want to write a plugin?
                              I would be interested to write a plugin for DSC Neo but not via Kantech. If Control4 has a driver for Neo using the DSC TL280, there is no reason we couldn't do the same with HS3.

If there is some kind of private API and if you can plug me with someone in the know from DSC, I would be interested in discussing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X