This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Updated to version 3.0.0.15 and noticed there is now a "HomeSeer" image when casting from the plugin.

Spud, any chance could loose this image or tell us where to find/change it? I assume you viewed this on the HomeSeer device page and it looked ok but it's no good for HSTouch, which I doubt you use.

My HSTouch screens pull the album artwork from images/chromecast/ /thumbnail.jpg and it looks good. When I cast (radio stations) from the plugin I replace the thumbnail.jpg with my own image using a copy file script and all looks good but your stock image kind of interferes, initially. My recommendation would be to just loose that image altogether when using the default player but if you have to keep it for some reason, scale it to a square album artwork format.

Thanks very much for the good work on this plugin.

Regards,
    The homeseer image is downloaded and written to images/Chromecast/<id>/thumbnail.jpg like any other album image, so if your script overwrite this file at the right time it should work.

I will scale the image in the next version.

Comment

Disabled devices

Hi spud,

In a future release, would it be possible for the plugin to NOT create homeseer devices for Chromecast devices that are not enabled in the plugin settings?

I'm only monitoring the playstate of the Chromecast devices, and have disabled the Google Home devices in the plugin, but these devices still appear in my device listing in homeseer -- all are listed as "disconnected". Even if I manually delete them in homeseer config, they are recreated everytime the plugin is restarted.

Thanks,

Ben
      Attached Files

Comment

I was about to post the same issue. Glad to see I'm not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by benrjunk View Post
          Hi spud,

In a future release, would it be possible for the plugin to NOT create homeseer devices for Chromecast devices that are not enabled in the plugin settings?

I'm only monitoring the playstate of the Chromecast devices, and have disabled the Google Home devices in the plugin, but these devices still appear in my device listing in homeseer -- all are listed as "disconnected". Even if I manually delete them in homeseer config, they are recreated everytime the plugin is restarted.

Thanks,

Ben
          will do

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            In version 3.0.0.11 available in first post of this thread, I have added +/- control to the volume device with a configurable step% from the config page.
            You need to manually delete your volume devices and then start version 3.0.0.11 for the new controls to appear.
            [ATTACH]66229[/ATTACH]
            Hi Spud,
            I've updated to the latest version and deleted my volume device.
            Then I've disabled and enabled the Chromecast plugin but my volume device
            didn't appear again.
            Where is it ?

Regards,
            Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
              Hi Spud,
              I've updated to the latest version and deleted my volume device.
              Then I've disabled and enabled the Chromecast plugin but my volume device
              didn't appear again.
              Where is it ?

Regards,
              Fischi
              I've found it: It was under the group "not set" :-)

Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by benrjunk View Post
                Hi spud,

Thanks,

Ben
                in version 3.0.0.16 the devices will no longer be recreated if the Chromecast is disabled in the config page.

You can also now completely delete a chromecast that no longer exists in your network from the config page. Note that if you delete one that still exist in your network, it will be recreated the next time Bonjour discovers it, so if you have some chromecasts on your network that you don't want to use with the plugin, it's better to NOT delete them and disable them from the config page.

Comment

I'm setting up a poor mans home audio 'solution' and need some way to play audio (music) or playlist via HomeSeer.

My current media management system is Plex.

If I understood what I've read so far (not likely) this plug in has the ability to cast music, but ONLY if that music in located in html dir. of HS?

Can it cast playlists that points to another folder as a work around?

With lot's of GB's of music, coping it inside HS is not a good option.
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                    I'm setting up a poor mans home audio 'solution' and need some way to play audio (music) or playlist via HomeSeer.

My current media management system is Plex.

If I understood what I've read so far (not likely) this plug in has the ability to cast music, but ONLY if that music in located in html dir. of HS?

Can it cast playlists that points to another folder as a work around?

With lot's of GB's of music, coping it inside HS is not a good option.
                    No, the music doesn't need to be in the HS dir, it just needs to be available from any web server. Create an event with a "Cast Media" action and use the url of the media file as the parameter.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think playlist files work though.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                      No, the music doesn't need to be in the HS dir, it just needs to be available from any web server. Create an event with a "Cast Media" action and use the url of the media file as the parameter.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think playlist files work though.
                      All my media is local.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Spud, many thanks for fixing the default album art image (plus the ability to change it!) in version 3.0.0.16. Also, the ability to delete Chromecast(s) is a welcome addition.

Regards,

Comment

All my media is local.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
                          You could always make a symlink if you don't want to move your music.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
                            You could always make a symlink if you don't want to move your music.
                            But I think my bigger issue is the plugin requires a url. Can I achieve this via symlinks?
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

But I think my bigger issue is the plugin requires a url. Can I achieve this via symlinks?

As long as it's something in the html directory, sure. I've done it before. Really depends on your operating system. Linux is easy. Most versions of Windows are as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
                                As long as it's something in the html directory, sure. I've done it before. Really depends on your operating system. Linux is easy. Most versions of Windows are as well.
                                Thanks I'll give it a try..
                                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X