Clear All

Source Code

Here is the source code for BLRing

http://bladeplugins.no-ip.org/source...spi_BLRing.zip
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Originally posted by Blade View Post
    Any reason you're releasing it? I think I'm gonna grab it just to see how Bob codes [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I was asked about releasing the source so I am doing it

I have given the BLRing source to another user but have not heard anything back from them so I will release it here for anyone to use
      Feel free to change what you want
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        Any reason you're releasing it? I think I'm gonna grab it just to see how Bob codes [emoji16]

Frank

Please grab it! ... and see if you can make it work

Beer money (or whatever your tipple is) is available

Cheers
        James.
        cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
          Frank

Please grab it! ... and see if you can make it work

Beer money (or whatever your tipple is) is available

Cheers
          James.
          I'll grab the code and look at the forums here. I don't have a ring, but I'll see what I can come up with.

Comment

Frank

Apologies, I was misreading and thought you had a Ring bell. I spoke to "drule" this morning and he has the Ring Pro and is already using the PI. He's going to take a look at the code

Cheers
            James
            cheeryfool

Comment

Sounds good
              I would like it to remain free for everyone
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
                Frank

Apologies, I was misreading and thought you had a Ring bell. I spoke to "drule" this morning and he has the Ring Pro and is already using the PI. He's going to take a look at the code

Cheers
                James
                No problem. I wanted to see how the plugin worked (see how it compares to how I do things since Bob is so prolific. Thought it could be a good learning experience for me).

I want a doorbell/video camera like a Ring bell, I just haven't decided exactly on which one to get yet

@Blade, I would have never dreamed of charging for it At the most, I thought that those who wanted to give me some money for it could donate it to a worthy cause instead

That said, if someone wants to send me a Ring Bell to work with, I'll be happy to take it and work on the plugin with @drule

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                  No problem. I wanted to see how the plugin worked (see how it compares to how I do things since Bob is so prolific. Thought it could be a good learning experience for me).

I want a doorbell/video camera like a Ring bell, I just haven't decided exactly on which one to get yet

@Blade, I would have never dreamed of charging for it At the most, I thought that those who wanted to give me some money for it could donate it to a worthy cause instead

That said, if someone wants to send me a Ring Bell to work with, I'll be happy to take it and work on the plugin with @drule
                  The Pro seems to be on sale right now at Best Buy and Amazon at least. Both have it for $200 instead of $250. When I bought mine a few weeks ago, the only place that had it cheaper than $250 was B&H Photo. I went to Lowe's and they did their price match -10% deal. You should be able to get one in FL for $180 and for me, they only needed to see the competitor's price on my phone. Just in case Santa gives you a cash gift...
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Any solution yet?

Just installed the Ring 2 and decided to try BLRing to see if somebody has had a chance to figure out what changed and post a fix.

In the log I see that there's a "401 Unauthorized" response at one point - I assume that's where things break down now? Did Ring maybe decided to up their security and lock out unauthorized API users?

In any event thanks to Blade for posting the source code. I'm learning a lot about writing plug-ins from that.

Comment

So is this now a dead plug-in?
                      If so, maybe it should be removed from the store even though its free- just stops people downloading/installing only to uninstall

Would be great to see it working all the same!

Comment

I am planning to look at this again this weekend and see if I can get it working
                        Cheers,
                        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                          I am planning to look at this again this weekend and see if I can get it working
                          Did you see my post about oAuth?

Comment

Yep much appreciated - I will be trying that and see what happens
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

Try out 2.0.28 in the beta section of the updater
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X