Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House Occupancy

Hi Guys,

Just after some advice, i have set up some events which are conditional but i don't think they are very efficient, basically i have a few devices that are snevlLatitude devices, there is one Lauren HOME Occupancy, which becomes ON when my wife is home, there is a Travis HOME Occupancy which becomes ON when i get home, then there is a final device Guest Staying which when ON suggests a guest is staying.

What i am trying to achieve is the following:

If someone is home (Any combination of Lauren Home Occupancy, Travis Home Occupancy or Guest Staying = ON) AND Time is between 6am and 11:59pm THEN House Status = Occupied

If someone is home (Any combination of Lauren Home Occupancy, Travis Home Occupancy or Guest Staying = ON) AND Time is between 11:59am and 6:00am THEN House Status = Occupied - Sleep

If no-one is home (Lauren Home Occupancy, Travis Home Occupancy or Guest Staying = OFF) THEN House Status = Occupied - Sleep

The Thing is, sometimes i would like to be put the house into Occupancy - Sleep at hours outside of the normal occupancy time, so for example if D7 X10 OFF is received, it would put the house into occupied - sleep mode until either the house gets put back into Occupied mode, or the normal 6:00am - 11:59pm window is reached. the next day, so for example say I put the house into Occupied - Sleep mode at 9:00am, then it would not come out of Occupied - Sleep mode until the device status is changed by a seperate event, or the next time window of 6:00 - 11:59am is reached, OR the house becomes unoccupied, then goes back to occupied, or if the time is after 11:59pm and 6am, it would go from unoccupied to soccupied - sleep.

Sorry if i have not explained it very well, to sum up:

1. House is set to Occupied IF Someone is home, or the time is between 6:00am and 11:59pm
    2. House is set to Occupied - Sleep IF someone is home, the time is between 11:59 - 6am, OR an event puts the house into Occupied - Sleep earlier through X10 D7 OFF Received.
    3. The house stays in Occupied - Sleep mode, UNLESS the next occupied time window happens (e.g. the next day after 6:00am to 11:59pm occurs and someone is home), OR the house becomes Unoccupied
    4. If the house is in Unoccupied, and someone comes home in the 11:59pm to 6:00am window, the house would be in Occupied - Sleep mode, HOWEVER
    If the house is in Unoccupied mode and someone comes home between 6:00am and 11:59pm it goes back to Occupied mode.

The event is a bit of a mess, but for the most part it works, the only thing i am unsure of is how on a conditional event to get the event to NOT return back to occupied when it has been forced into Occupied - Sleep mode. Appreciate any help people can give on how to best set this up, i am not tied to Conditional events, nor having the one event, if someone things it is easier i can have a someone's home device that is conditional for the devices Lauren Home, Travis Home or Guest Staying and then go from there, but i am keen after my system rebuilt to get light automation, motion sensors, alarms and so on to function around device values so the system can be much more specific about not doing TTS announcements when the house is in Sleep mode, not turning on all lights, and activating the alarm etc.

Appreciate any input!
    Attached Files
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

I do something similar, but I separate occupied and sleep states.

That is, I have one condition that the house is occupied or not. In my case, it's occupied any time the alarm system is not in armed-away mode. Otherwise it's in 'AWAY' mode.

I have another state that is 'UP'. I treat that totally independently of 'AWAY' and I base it on our activity. It requires that we tell HS when we go to bed and when we get up. That turns out to be pretty easy (a button press to signal in bed, and turning on the bathroom light in the morning to signal 'UP'. That also allows me to automatically put the house in sleep mode by setting back thermostats, turning off lights, etc. when we go to bed, then reversing when we get up.

Other functions then use the state of the two virtual devices 'AWAY' and 'UP' to decide whether to run or not.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks for your help, i think based on that i might separate out and have two separate devices, one for house Occupancy which is simply Occupied or Unoccupied, and another house status which is either Normal, Secured or Sleep.

I guess by doing it this way i can still have my house change based on occupancy, so for example if the house becomes unoccupied, the status switches to Secured, if the time passes 11:59, or the sleep button is pressed the house goes into Sleep mode until 6am when it goes back into normal, and if someone is home, the house is in Normal mode.

That way i can then use both of those to control the alarm, i.e. when the house is unoccupied and in Secured the alarm is active and TTS works, but if the house is secured and in sleep mode, onlyu limited TTS would work.

Thanks for the help!
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Working...
      X