www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Spud Plug-Ins > Nest Devices (3P)

Nest Devices (3P) Discussions related to the Nest devices plugin for HS3 developed by SPUD.

Old January 17th, 2018, 01:08 AM
Seer

Auxiliary Heat device

Would it be possible to add a new device to indicate if the auxiliary/emergency heat mode of the Nest is on? This is in the json as 'is_using_emergency_heat'.

It would be useful for me to track the two stages of my heat pump separately, as emergency heat is much more expensive.

Thanks for considering.
Paul
Old January 17th, 2018, 06:57 PM

I have added an "Emergency Heat" device in version 3.0.0.30, available in the beta section of the updater
Old January 17th, 2018, 07:14 PM
Seer

Awesome, thank you for the quick response! Less than 24 hours and it's already there!

I installed the updated plugin and see the device created. The only issue I saw was that by default, the new Emergency Heat device is not given the 'Nest' Location 1 label like the other devices. It was just left blank. I updated it to be the same as my other Nest devices and it's all good.

Thanks again!
- Paul
Old January 31st, 2018, 11:59 PM
Seer

Hi Spud,

Unfortunately the Emergency Heat device has never updated. All other values from the thermostat are.

If there's any info I can provide to help debug let me know.

Thanks,
pk
Old February 1st, 2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkdotnet View Post
Hi Spud,

Unfortunately the Emergency Heat device has never updated. All other values from the thermostat are.

If there's any info I can provide to help debug let me know.

Thanks,
pk
Ooops after review it turns out I forgot to add a piece of code. It's fixed in version 3.0.0.31 available in beta section of the updater.

If you still have a problem with .31, please capture a debug log when the emergency heat is supposed to be On, on your Nest. Thanks