Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v.86 leaves delete error in log

Hi Jeff,

I updated yesterday and not I have the following error in my log every 30 minutes:

May-31 13:30:01 weatherXML Error backupXMLFileDelete: Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length

May-31 14:00:00 weatherXML Replacement URL: http://api.wunderground.com/api/API/...q/LAT,-LON.xml
    May-31 14:00:00 weatherXML Download WU Condition: 48
    May-31 14:00:00 weatherXML Data from Lat/Long
    May-31 14:00:00 weatherXML Download and Import
    May-31 14:00:00 weatherXML wXMLCurrent: Running current location 1

Michael
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

I believe v.87 fixed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
      May-31 13:30:01 weatherXML Error backupXMLFileDelete: Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length
      Since it is dealing with deleting old backup files, go to the Schedules admin page and check each of the schedules to see if you have a checkmark in any of the Save Backup options but no number in the How Many textbox.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

checked. All the items checked to hold backups have a number. Can't tell by the log item which backup delete is causing the issue.

Attached Files
        Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
        BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Jobee View Post
          checked. All the items checked to hold backups have a number. Can't tell by the log item which backup delete is causing the issue.

Try changing the ones that have a checkmark and have the number 10. I had set 10 as the default but it doesn't always get saved to the ini file. Enter an 11 then change it back to a 10. That will make sure it is saved to the ini file.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I changed them all to 11 and then let it run but I am still getting it each hour at 1 second after the hour.

M

Comment

Since you know it is happening at the top of the hour, check the schedules page to see if you have any set to run at the top of the hour.

If not, try setting the log level to debug a couple of minutes before the hour and then after you get the error in the HS log, set it back to Errors. Grab the wxml log entries that are near the error. Post them in this thread or email them to me.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

We might be getting closer. It is happening every 30 minutes not just the top of the hour. I looked at the schedule and the Conditions are the only thing running every 30 minutes, right at the hour and 30 minute mark. Everything else is a minute or some after the top of the hour.

I set the log to debug and waited for the top of the hour. Did not get much more than we get with it on Errors, but here is what is in the log:

Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML Finished importing weather current information from Weather Underground.
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML rain hour total: 0.00
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML rain today total:
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML Getting Wind Information
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML time: June 4, 10:59 AM
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML Import WU Conditions
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML Error backupXMLFileDelete: Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parameter name: length
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML Download Status: Success
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML Downloading the WU Condition file at http://api.wunderground.com/api/API/.../LAT,-LONG.xml.
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML Replacement URL: http://api.wunderground.com/api/API/.../LAT,-LONG.xml
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML Downloading file now.
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML Weather Underground Download per minute for WU Condition = 0
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML Download WU Condition: 36
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML Data from Lat/Long
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML Download and Import
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML Reset Hi Low
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML The current culture is en-US
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML The phlocation Longitude refID is
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML The phlocation Latitude device refID is
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML wXMLCurrent: Running current location 1
                Jun-04 11:00:00 weatherXML Check for timer items to run

I do not backup anything with Conditions, however there is a file called NOCondition1.xml in the backup folder. Could that be causing the issue?

Michael

Comment

I moved the NOCondition1.xml file out of the backup folder at 11:25 and I did not get the error at 11:30 that I normally would have.

Michael

Comment

I'm getting similar results but I do not see this file anywhere. I'm using 3.0.0.91 and I do not have save backup flag on.

Comment

Working...
                    X