www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Spud Plug-Ins > Nest Devices (3P)

Nest Devices (3P) Discussions related to the Nest devices plugin for HS3 developed by SPUD.

Old September 2nd, 2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stech99 View Post
The log is on the HS3 screen correct?? If so, I get a normal start up.

I am fairly new to this and may be missing a place the logs are displayed.
you can access the logs from the web interface View / Log menu,
restart the plugin, wait a couple of minutes than copy /paste the new log lines you should see something like that:

Code:
Sep-02 2:30:36 PM           Nest     DEBUG event: put
Sep-02 2:30:35 PM           Plug-In     Finished initializing plug-in Nest
Sep-02 2:30:34 PM           Nest     INFO Nest version 3.0.0.6
Sep-02 2:30:34 PM           Info     Plugin Nest has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:4824
Old September 2nd, 2014, 03:37 PM
Seer

Startup

Got it. . .thanks for the patience

9/2/2014 12:43:20 PM ~!~Nest~!~INFO Nest version 3.0.0.6
9/2/2014 12:43:20 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in Nest
9/2/2014 12:43:21 PM ~!~Nest~!~ERROR Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)
9/2/2014 12:43:21 PM ~!~Nest~!~DEBUG System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)File name: 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.GetStreamingAsync(String path, DataUpdatedEventHandler updated) at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData() at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.Authenticate(String accessToken) at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.<Init>b__1()WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
Old September 2nd, 2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stech99 View Post
Got it. . .thanks for the patience

9/2/2014 12:43:20 PM ~!~Nest~!~INFO Nest version 3.0.0.6
9/2/2014 12:43:20 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in Nest
9/2/2014 12:43:21 PM ~!~Nest~!~ERROR Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)
9/2/2014 12:43:21 PM ~!~Nest~!~DEBUG System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)File name: 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.GetStreamingAsync(String path, DataUpdatedEventHandler updated) at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData() at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.Authenticate(String accessToken) at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.<Init>b__1()WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
From a quick google search, it seems that you need to install this patch for NET4 framework:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=3556

download and install then restart HS3 and the plugin
Old September 10th, 2014, 02:05 PM

stech, could you tell me if that fixed your problem?
Old September 10th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Seer Master

Is the cloud still needed to talk to the Nest?
Old September 10th, 2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kideon View Post
Is the cloud still needed to talk to the Nest?
yes
Old October 7th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Seer Deluxe

Help getting this to work...

{Edit} Just saw your note above on a patch to the dot net framework. I did not see a conclusion on if this fixed it but will try this evening (in about 8 hours). But if you read this and have other suggestions, feel free to post! I will respond with the details soon.

I just installed 3.0.0.6 from the updater and cannot get the Nest devices to appear. Here are the details:

1) Using Hometroller Pro S5 (XPE)
2) Successfully able to perform the authorization process on the Nest site.
3) Entered auth code supplied by Nest into plugin
4) Clicked Done - it just sat there - no devices either
5) Turned on debugging and ran it again. Here is what I got:

Oct-07 10:10:47 AM Nest DEBUG System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)File name: 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' at FirebaseSharp.Firebase.GetStreamingAsync(String path, DataUpdatedEventHandler updated) at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData() at HSPI_Nest.NestApp.Authenticate(String accessToken) at HSPI_Nest.WebConfig.postBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights)WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Oct-07 10:10:47 AM Nest ERROR Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)

Oct-07 10:10:47 AM Nest DEBUG Access Token = c.oR38ikNpQXUCPOklovAyAO7ONnWUps9hipLqscrtQLeB3FK1Rfblxiq9We zjlCaz8A4FUL247EPIQQkA8EtiWGYXIdQsrsPL8kQimYhLfMW0ev9wLFNAy2 hezGFvI9XWSlB1BsbfmIJyyu3o

Thank you for the help!
Old October 7th, 2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoni View Post
{Edit} Just saw your note above on a patch to the dot net framework. I did not see a conclusion on if this fixed it but will try this evening (in about 8 hours). But if you read this and have other suggestions, feel free to post! I will respond with the details soon.

!
yes I believe this patch: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=3556 should fix your issue.
The other user having this problem didn't tell if it worked though, so please tell me once you have tested it. Thanks
Old October 7th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spud View Post
yes I believe this patch: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=3556 should fix your issue.
The other user having this problem didn't tell if it worked though, so please tell me once you have tested it. Thanks
Worked like a charm - appreciate the quick responses (and the support for XP)!
Old October 9th, 2014, 02:03 AM
Seer Master

I'm experiencing an HSTouch display issue in the Climate section. The Heat and Cool setpoints display reversed. setpoints are correct in Nest, correct on the HS3 Devices screen, but incorrect on Climate. Screenshots attached.

Any ideas?

regards,

Paul
Attached Images

Old October 9th, 2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
I'm experiencing an HSTouch display issue in the Climate section. The Heat and Cool setpoints display reversed. setpoints are correct in Nest, correct on the HS3 Devices screen, but incorrect on Climate. Screenshots attached.

Any ideas?

regards,

Paul
It's a bug. I will fix it soon.
Thank you for reporting it.
Old October 18th, 2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post

Any ideas?

regards,

Paul
Fixed in version 3.0.0.7 available here
Old October 18th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Seer Master

The only thing I can download is attachment.php. Any update on the Linux version? Or can I try my luck and see if this "just works"?
Old October 18th, 2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wposner View Post
The only thing I can download is attachment.php. Any update on the Linux version? Or can I try my luck and see if this "just works"?
Can't you download Nest_3-0-0-7.zip and updater_override.txt from this post: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...46#post1130146 ?
It works for me

You could try and see if this package just works in Linux, but it is unlikely.
I plan to start testing and porting to Linux maybe next week or the week after that
Old October 18th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Seer Master

I couldn't download using IE, but if I switched over to Chrome it downloaded just fine. Very odd!

I guess I'll build a Linux VM and install the trial HS3 to test this. I don't want to break my working HomeTroller-SEL! What parts of your plugin do you think would be incompatible? Or is it the fact that it just hasn't been wrapped in mono?
Old October 18th, 2014, 07:18 PM

the Nest plugin depends on the dll on the screenshot below:

Name:  dependencies.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  74.5 KB

I'm not sure if all of them work on Mono especially the Microsoft.Threading.* ones.
Old October 20th, 2014, 09:53 AM
Seer Master

I did some digging around on the mono site and based on what I can tell it fully supports the microsoft threading libraries. So it, theoretically, should work. As soon as I can get a basic ubuntu VM spun up I will test.
Old October 20th, 2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wposner View Post
I did some digging around on the mono site and based on what I can tell it fully supports the microsoft threading libraries. So it, theoretically, should work. As soon as I can get a basic ubuntu VM spun up I will test.
ok, great, let me know how it goes. Thanks
Old October 21st, 2014, 05:01 AM
Seer

No data from Nest

Hi,

I am using any change the ambient temperature reading from the Nest to trigger a thermostat script (controlling plug-in modules). But from time to time the Nest stops reporting data to HS, and in the log the DEBUG event: keep-alive/DEBUG data: null stops. I can establish connection again by re-authorize the plugin.

Any idea why this might be happening, and if there is any other way to force a connection once it has stopped?
Old October 21st, 2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettopp View Post
Hi,

I am using any change the ambient temperature reading from the Nest to trigger a thermostat script (controlling plug-in modules). But from time to time the Nest stops reporting data to HS, and in the log the DEBUG event: keep-alive/DEBUG data: null stops. I can establish connection again by re-authorize the plugin.

Any idea why this might be happening, and if there is any other way to force a connection once it has stopped?
I noticed this problem once or twice but it's hard to replicate as it only seem to happen after a long time. I don't know what's causing it yet. but I'm investigating.

After how much time does it happen for you?

One workaround is to restart the plugin.