www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Spud Plug-Ins > Nest Devices (3P)

Nest Devices (3P) Discussions related to the Nest devices plugin for HS3 developed by SPUD.

Old November 13th, 2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoud View Post
Thanks! , Can I have away.png also . That's also missing.
here it is
Attached Images

Old December 6th, 2016, 10:00 AM
Seer Master

Spud,

A question, I have 3 protects (230V so not the battery powered ones). One of the protects is at this moment disconnected and i removed the Backup batteries. The nest app reports that the 230V has been removes as issue, however the plugin still says connected to that protect, i dont think that is correct. Or is this an api issue?

In addition, did you test the smoke and CO alarm status, and how did you do this. I am planning to simulate a full smoke alarm and test my setup. and check the response time (for sending hs3 alarms and opening my windowscreens etc)

regards

Bart
HSPRO 3.0.359
Devices; 1188 Events; 691

BL Plugins, Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, ThinkingCleaner, Netcam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, HarmonyHub, Buienradar, Homekit Bridge, Pushover 3P, Random, Toon Thermostat script, HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129
Old December 6th, 2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartbakels View Post
Spud,

A question, I have 3 protects (230V so not the battery powered ones). One of the protects is at this moment disconnected and i removed the Backup batteries. The nest app reports that the 230V has been removes as issue, however the plugin still says connected to that protect, i dont think that is correct. Or is this an api issue?

In addition, did you test the smoke and CO alarm status, and how did you do this. I am planning to simulate a full smoke alarm and test my setup. and check the response time (for sending hs3 alarms and opening my windowscreens etc)

regards

Bart
The Online/Offline status is based on the is_online field of the API. Could you set the log level to Debug, and paste here the json data you get when you start the plugin.

I tested the smoke and CO alarm status using the "Nest Home Simulator" which let you create virtual protects and thermostats.
Old January 13th, 2017, 05:48 AM
Seer Master

spud,

sorry for the late response, I tested with smoke, response was about 2 secs

in addition as feature request I would like to change the SP by an half degree is this possible?

regards

Bart
Old January 13th, 2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartbakels View Post
in addition as feature request I would like to change the SP by an half degree is this possible?
if you use the Fahrenheit scale it is not possible
if you use Celsius:
- the "+" or "-" controls increase or decrease the setpoint by 0.5 degree C.
- for the native "Control a device" event action with a static value your only choice are whole degree values, but I will try to change that in a future version if possible.
- with the EasyTrigger "Set Device to Expression" action, or a script you can use half degree values:

Name:  halfdegreechange.png
Views: 501
Size:  5.3 KB
Old January 14th, 2017, 01:54 PM
Seer Deluxe

True you get .5 degree precision from the HS web interface but unfortunately the resolution in the HSTouch default Android app remains at 1 degree when set to Celcius.
Old February 28th, 2017, 12:38 AM
Seer Deluxe

nest cam

what exactly can be done with nest cam and this plug in? Im looking to buy a outdoor nest cam potentially.
Old March 1st, 2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csullivan2005 View Post
what exactly can be done with nest cam and this plug in? Im looking to buy a outdoor nest cam potentially.
right now you can trigger HS events when the Nest cam detects motion or sound: see the user guide
you can also monitor the current state of the camera (streaming on/off)
and soon, I'm going to add the ability to take and see snapshots from HS.
Old November 26th, 2017, 09:58 PM
Seer

Z-Wave Plus NEST CAM Streaming in HS3

Spud-

Do you think there is an opportunity to stream nest cam feeds into HS3 via your plugin you have designed. Any information and understanding would be greatly appreciated.
Old November 27th, 2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergolfstick View Post
Spud-

Do you think there is an opportunity to stream nest cam feeds into HS3 via your plugin you have designed. Any information and understanding would be greatly appreciated.
I don't think that's possible because Nest does not provide a way to retrieve the direct video stream.
Old November 29th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Seer Deluxe

Anyway to flush old snapshots or set a limit?
Old November 29th, 2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrparry View Post
Anyway to flush old snapshots or set a limit?
the plugin doesn't do it automatically, but you could delete them manually or using a script, the snapshot files are stored in html\images\Nest\snapshots
Old April 9th, 2018, 12:31 AM
Seer

Hi Spud. My Nest plugin has not worked in a long time and trying to get it going as I noticed my nest protect is out of batteries and the plugin is none the wiser. When I try to authorize it just hangs.. I get the message in the log:
ERROR Could not load type 'FirebaseSharp.AuthRevokedEventHandler' from assembly 'FirebaseSharp, Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Upgraded to the latest version. Running Windows Server 2K8R2. Upgraded the .Net framework.. no luck.

Hunted around a bit for that but couldn't find any references.. any idea?

thx in advance. Rick
Old April 9th, 2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick21 View Post
Hi Spud. My Nest plugin has not worked in a long time and trying to get it going as I noticed my nest protect is out of batteries and the plugin is none the wiser. When I try to authorize it just hangs.. I get the message in the log:
ERROR Could not load type 'FirebaseSharp.AuthRevokedEventHandler' from assembly 'FirebaseSharp, Version=1.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Upgraded to the latest version. Running Windows Server 2K8R2. Upgraded the .Net framework.. no luck.

Hunted around a bit for that but couldn't find any references.. any idea?

thx in advance. Rick
It looks like the plugin is loading an old version (1.0.0.1 vs 1.0.0.5) of FirebaseSharp.dll . If you have this dll in the root HS3 folder, delete it, it should only be in bin/Nest
Old April 9th, 2018, 03:49 PM
Seer

Could have sworn I deleted that thing, but now that I did works fine. Thanks for saving a ton of time! Rick
Old April 30th, 2018, 12:16 AM
Seer Deluxe

Error in Logfile

This post is really more of an FYI that any kind of real problem. My Nest thermostat plugin is throwing a periodic error (every 2-3 minutes) as below:

Code:
(Apr 29 22:04:33 elms-hs3-01 mono[2511]: Apr-29 22:04:33 ERROR double NestSharp.NestThermostat.get_eco_temperature_high_f()
Apr 29 22:04:33 elms-hs3-01 mono[2511]: 10:04:33:8815:[Nest]->ERROR double NestSharp.NestThermostat.get_eco_temperature_high_f()
This has been going on for quite some time -- I'm just getting around to posting it. I cannot see that this has had any particular impact on functionality.

HS3 Linux beta 435 (but the errors goes considerably further back on earlier betas)
Mono 5.10.1.47
Nest Thermostat plugin version 3.0.0.31
Old April 30th, 2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHargrove View Post
This post is really more of an FYI that any kind of real problem. My Nest thermostat plugin is throwing a periodic error (every 2-3 minutes) as below:

Code:
(Apr 29 22:04:33 elms-hs3-01 mono[2511]: Apr-29 22:04:33 ERROR double NestSharp.NestThermostat.get_eco_temperature_high_f()
Apr 29 22:04:33 elms-hs3-01 mono[2511]: 10:04:33:8815:[Nest]->ERROR double NestSharp.NestThermostat.get_eco_temperature_high_f()
This has been going on for quite some time -- I'm just getting around to posting it. I cannot see that this has had any particular impact on functionality.

HS3 Linux beta 435 (but the errors goes considerably further back on earlier betas)
Mono 5.10.1.47
Nest Thermostat plugin version 3.0.0.31
Could you set the log level to Debug from the Config page, and recapture the error?

You may have an old version of NestSharp.dll in your HomeSeer root dir. Delete it.
NestSharp.dll should only be in bin/Nest