Arduino Plugin informations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arduino Plugin informations

I'm doing a job with HomeSeer system in a school for control of temperature, heating, air, light, sockets, electrical consumption .....
    I need some informations:
    - Any of you have used over 9 arduini with a server? I would need to use 12 or 13 and i need to know if works.
    - Which is the maximum distance that you used between a sensor DS20B18 and the Arduino?
    - Data from the server HomeSeer can be exported to an .xml file or on a website?
    - The data of daily temperatures and power consumption can be saved and printed?

Example for the interface:
    Attached Files

Originally posted by mihaium View Post
    I'm doing a job with HomeSeer system in a school for control of temperature, heating, air, light, sockets, electrical consumption .....
    I need some informations:
    - Any of you have used over 9 arduini with a server? I would need to use 12 or 13 and i need to know if works.
    - Which is the maximum distance that you used between a sensor DS20B18 and the Arduino?
    - Data from the server HomeSeer can be exported to an .xml file or on a website?
    - The data of daily temperatures and power consumption can be saved and printed?

Example for the interface:
    The plug-in supports a maximum of 9 boards. I have successfully connected several DS18B20 temperature sensors to an Arduino with over 30 feet of CAT6 cable. It could go further. There are products on the market that can support up to 100 devices on a loop of over 300 meters. I would imagine the distance limitation of your Arduino would be determined by the pull-up resistor and the number of devices on the run.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

it is possible to communicate between two servers HomeSeer them? I need to mount 12-13 arduini and if we can put just 9 on a server I thought to do two servers and have them communicate with each other (one master and one slave)

Comment

it is possible to communicate between two servers HomeSeer them? I need to mount 12-13 arduini and if we can put just 9 on a server I thought to do two servers and have them communicate with each other (one master and one slave)
        There is no way that I know of. What are you dong with the Arduino. Is it just measuring temperature, or are you using it for Digital I/O or analog?

Comment

How many inputs do you need? Why 13 Boards? Give us more info.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

jon00 has a utility that was intended to allow communications between HS2 and HS3 as people migrated to HS3. Jon also indicates that it can be used to communicate between two HS3 instances: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162718.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
              jon00 has a utility that was intended to allow communications between HS2 and HS3 as people migrated to HS3. Jon also indicates that it can be used to communicate between two HS3 instances: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162718.

Cheers
              Al
              That is interesting to know. The people who have used the plug-in say it works perfectly (as it true for every one of Jon's) joining an HS2 and an HS3 instance. No doubt it will work as well with two HS3 instances.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I can only think that to try and gather all the inputs on to one Arduino per switch and not run them all Ethernet or add more boards and use an main one for the input to homeseer with a hard wired connection in to HS.
                  So for rooms 1-4 add a Uno with the inputs and write the code to send this to a mega over Ethernet them have a mega hard wired to this with a connection to HS.

Greig.
                  Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                  Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                  Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

And for mega is necesary have an API code for comunication with HS, right?

Thanks,
                    Marian

Comment

And for mega is necesary have an API code for comunication with HS, right?

Thanks,
                      Marian
                      Yes this would be best. You could also look at running the sensors to one place for 3/4 rooms and not have a Arduino in each room.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

Working...
                      X