X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd add the action it'd be a commonly used thing

Comment

How about a trigger to set every single device to "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change"? That they didn't make this the default will never cease to amaze me.

Well, I suppose I should never say never. They may change this kooky behavior in a future release.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        the problem to implement those kind of conditions is that I need to track the device value to be able to tell when it has changed, unfortunately there is no GetConditions() function in the Homeseer API so I don't know what devices to track. An alternative implementation would be to rely on the "last change" date, but this wouldn't be reliable because some devices (specifically the ones that use polling to get their status) can have this date updated even if the value has not changed.
        (Emphasis added by me)

I, personally, wouldn't mind if you had to resort to using the last change date. I know there are cases when this can cause a misfire, but I think it's worth it.

For those that require it to only fire when a value changes, they can always resort to checking the box in the device properties to not update the last change date when the value actually changes. Like @S-F said, this should probably be checked by default as the date is labeled "Last change", not "Last update".

Comment

Any more thoughts on adding this feature Spud?

Comment

@Spud,

I have no idea if you can do this, but I thought I would ask. I would like a "condition" to check if a device has NO delayed actions (or delayed voice actions specifically).

For instance, my wife says "Alexa, Tell Homeseer to turn off the kitchen automatic lights". Since she didn't say "... for 1 hour" (or any time length), the virtual switch will just stay off.

So, I was hoping to create an event that says "If this device has been off for exactly 1 hour AND this device has no delayed actions (or delayed voice actions), then..."

I'm not 100% sure it's doable, but I thought I would ask.

Unrelated:
            I'm also still interested in the "device has been X for NOT MORE THAN [time]", even if it has to depend on the device last update date with the caveat that it might not be 100% reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
              @Spud,

I have no idea if you can do this, but I thought I would ask. I would like a "condition" to check if a device has NO delayed actions (or delayed voice actions specifically).

For instance, my wife says "Alexa, Tell Homeseer to turn off the kitchen automatic lights". Since she didn't say "... for 1 hour" (or any time length), the virtual switch will just stay off.

So, I was hoping to create an event that says "If this device has been off for exactly 1 hour AND this device has no delayed actions (or delayed voice actions), then..."

I'm not 100% sure it's doable, but I thought I would ask..
              @spud, I know you're busy. I'm just bumping this in case you missed it

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                @Spud,

I'm not 100% sure it's doable, but I thought I would ask.
                To the best of my knowledge, I don't think there is any API call that can let us know if a device has a delayed action.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  To the best of my knowledge, I don't think there is any API call that can let us know if a device has a delayed action.
                  Ok, you can tell me I'm bat crap crazy if you want. I haven't had time to delve into writing plugins for HS yet, so this may be off. This may not work because it could be that "conditions" are not evaluated at time of the parent trigger, but are stored when that "condition" happens as a trigger (even though it's not a trigger).

So my thoughts are this:

1) List all the events (hs.Event_Info_All)
                  2) Loop through the events and look for ones in group "Delayed Voice Action Events" (or you could list all the "groups" or just do Delayed Action Event or Delayed Voice Action Events).
                  3) For each of those events get the Actions

This is where I couldn't find any more information and this may not be possible:
                  4) Check each action for the presence of a device

I don't think that 3 returns actual "action" objects. I think it just returns names. I don't know if you can look up "actions" anywhere, or if you can look up the actions at all in HS (I think this was possible in HS2, but maybe not HS3?).

I don't know, but maybe this will help? Maybe not. I really could use this because knowing if a device has delayed actions (or delayed voice actions) would be VERY very helpful to me. Perhaps just me though....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                    Can you add a toggle action? I know there's a script out there but it'd be easier this way.
                    In version 3.0.0.25 (available here) I have added the "Toggle Device" action

You can toggle the device between 2 or more values (up to ten), and you can even choose specific value within a range.
                    Ideally the values you select need to be both control and status, if they are control only the plugin won't be able to match the current status of the device with one of the toggle value, so in this case it will use the last toggle choice that was fired and increment from that value.

Click image for larger version

Name:	toggleonoff.png
Views:	1
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1184377

Name:	togglevolume.png
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1184378

Name:	togglerepeat.png
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1184379

Comment

Great plugin, thanks!

I would really like to see a "Random Wait" action. I use random events a lot, but sometimes I need delays between the actions. Now they are always static delays, but I would love to make the different actions (that often are depending on each other) more random by using a "Random Wait".

So instead of a "Then Wait 2 Minuten, 20 Seconds" something like "Then Wait between 2 minutes, 10 Seconds and 5 Minutes, 30 Seconds"?

Thanks for taking this into consideration!
                      stefxx

Comment

Dynamic device call

Hi Spud,

Really fond of your plugin - it has brought down my scripts significantly!

I not possible, the consider this a feature request:-)

IF <all devices where name contains "Sensor"> changes
                        THEN
                        <set global variable "last motion" to name of MAX(timesincelastchange)>

or another dynamic call

Event manually triggered
                        Set device to ON if floor contains "first" and type contains "z-wave"

I have given up on doing these script wise - I can do it in PHP, but I am not good with the HS (VB.net?) type of script.

Thanks again!

/Mav

Comment

Spud;

This might be a complex request, but could be useful for dynamic thermostat control, lighting schedules, etc. I really don't know if it is even feasible.

Within the scheduling system being able to have a number of events sharing a schedule, but have the schedule dynamically set.

For example say I have a schedule to control heating, that can vary depending on work schedules. It would be convenient for all heating events to look to a schedule, but to have the schedule be changeable by events.

The most straightforward method would be to have a function like your set device to another device, but instead it would be set schedule to another schedule. I could have global schedules and several other schedules to be used as needed. With that I could create an event that could set "HeatingSchedule" to "HeatingWork7", then the next week set "HeatingSchedule" to "HeatingWork9". Being able to set a schedule to another schedule would have dozens of uses within my system and could eliminate dozens of events. I would think others could use it as well.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                            Within the scheduling system being able to have a number of events sharing a schedule, but have the schedule dynamically set.
                            I'll second that, and for the same reason - needing to schedule different heating/hot water depending on whether we're working, on holiday at home or on holiday away from home.

Love the plugin, by the way.

Nicholas.

Comment

Another thing which would be useful is if there were a "copy from previous day" button in the event schedule editor - at the moment, I'm creating Monday and then typing the text into an editor, copying and then editing for Tue/Wed/.... This makes tweaking things complicated and also, if I make a mistake, everything is just blanked out (yes, I know I should take a copy before I submit it, but sometimes I forget!).

It would be so much easier if I could just duplicate the day right within the plugin page.

Nicholas.

Comment

I will add a "Set Schedule to another Schedule" action, and I will look into trying to make the schedule widget more user friendly.

Comment

Working...
                                X