This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    I will add a "Set Schedule to another Schedule" action, and I will look into trying to make the schedule widget more user friendly.
    Thanks for offering the features. I use notepad to edit the schedules like this:

Interior Night Level

[Sun Sunset+01:00;Mon 00:00],[Mon 00:00;Mon Sunrise-01:00],
    [Mon Sunset+01:00;Tue Sunrise-01:00],
    [Tue Sunset+01:00;Wed Sunrise-01:00],
    [Wed Sunset+01:00;Thu Sunrise-01:00],
    [Thu Sunset+01:00;Fri Sunrise-01:00],
    [Fri Sunset+01:00;Sat Sunrise-01:00],
    [Sat Sunset+01:00;Sun Sunrise-01:00]

It is easier than trying to use the GUI.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

In version 3.0.0.27 available here, I have added the "Set Schedule to another Schedule" action

Comment

In version 3.0.0.27 available here, I have added the "Set Schedule to another Schedule" action
        Thanks. It works great.

The good news: I can really streamline and organize a bunch of time related events.

The bad news: I have a bunch of events to streamline and organize.

Comment

Hi Spud! Thanks for a great plug-in.

How about allowing the use of the math operators when checking a device's value as a condition? For instance, a condition that check to see if a device's value is > 0 or a device's value is = 0 ? This would be useful when I want to see if a dimming node is off or on, regardless of the dimming level (value>0 is ON, value=0 is OFF).

Currently the only condition dependent on a device's value is a comparison to a the value of another device.

Alternatively, I could settle for having as a condition that a device's value is/is not in the range [x,y]

Thanks!

--------
          Denny
          Last edited by carletondm; June 8, 2016, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by carletondm View Post
            Hi Spud! Thanks for a great plug-in.

How about allowing the use of the math operators when checking a device's value as a condition? For instance, a condition that check to see if a device's value is > 0 or a device's value is = 0 ? This would be useful when I want to see if a dimming node is off or on, regardless of the dimming level (value>0 is ON, value=0 is OFF).

Currently the only condition dependent on a device's value is a comparison to a the value of another device.

Alternatively, I could settle for having as a condition that a device's value is/is not in the range [x,y]

Thanks!

--------
            Denny
            I think you can already do what you want with native conditions, namely the conditions called "This device had its value set and is greater than" and "This device had its value set and is lesser than". The names are confusing but I think when they are used as conditions (after a AND IF) they do simple comparison with a value.

Comment

But what if the value has not been set recently? Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you use "had its value set and is greater than" as a condition? I can see it's use as a trigger, but not as a condition. What if the setting of the device's value occurred hours ago? Will that still make the condition true?

Comment

Originally posted by carletondm View Post
                But what if the value has not been set recently? Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you use "had its value set and is greater than" as a condition? I can see it's use as a trigger, but not as a condition. What if the setting of the device's value occurred hours ago? Will that still make the condition true?
                Yes. Conditions do not need to have a value change, they just evaluate the value at the time the trigger is true.
                Last edited by randy; June 10, 2016, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  Yes. Conditions do need to have a value change, they just evaluate the value at the time the trigger is true.
                  I think you meant: Conditions do NOT need to have a value change

Basically I think the fact that the condition is called "had its value set and is greater than" is a bug, it should be called "is greater than".

Comment

I think you meant: Conditions do NOT need to have a value change

Basically I think the fact that the condition is called "had its value set and is greater than" is a bug, it should be called "is greater than".
                    Yes, thank you. It was the result of my typing a response on a phone. It is fixed now.

I think some of the verbiage is confusing on conditions as well. I know it has been brought to Rich's attention and I think there's a Bugzilla on it.

Comment

Spud,

GREAT plugin! Forgive me if this plugin can already do this, if so i'm not sure how.

Can yo do a schedule with a schedule?

EX:

"Summertime" - between two dates and then run between times on your existing schedules?

The idea is I have certain things run during the holidays, summer, winter, school and then out of school.

Comment

Yes. Schedules that go beyond the scope of one week would be handy. Personally I never use the schedule functionality of this plugin because I don't have any single need for a schedule that is the same every week of the year.
                        Originally posted by rprade
                        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                          Yes. Schedules that go beyond the scope of one week would be handy. Personally I never use the schedule functionality of this plugin because I don't have any single need for a schedule that is the same every week of the year.
                          I am using the "Set Schedule to Another Schedule" function that Spud added at my request. Then I built a few "global" schedules to be used in events. Then I have several different template schedules for each global schedule that I use events to load. Some are based on work, off work and vacation while others are seasonal. I use them for lighting, power, hot water and heating. It has been working very well.

For holidays I set the occupancy schedule to "non-work" and load the appropriate schedules. Same with vacation and different work schedules.

For holiday lights for example, I have a single schedule and a virtual device that allows them to run within the schedule.

Comment

Compare Device's old value to new value.

There is a trigger for checking if a device's value "was X and becomes Y", but I would just like to compare if it is going up or down. This woud be similar to the compare 2 devices values using >,<,=, etc.

So, maybe it could be "Comparison between devices old value and new value" and it would be like:

Device: Old value is [>, <, =, <>, >=, <=] New value (option +/- value?)

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                              I am using the "Set Schedule to Another Schedule" function that Spud added at my request. Then I built a few "global" schedules to be used in events. Then I have several different template schedules for each global schedule that I use events to load. Some are based on work, off work and vacation while others are seasonal. I use them for lighting, power, hot water and heating. It has been working very well.

For holidays I set the occupancy schedule to "non-work" and load the appropriate schedules. Same with vacation and different work schedules.

For holiday lights for example, I have a single schedule and a virtual device that allows them to run within the schedule.
                              Randy, could you explain how you have setup these global schedules? I can certainly use weekly scheduling of Spud's plugin, but when it comes to calendar date based scheduling I can not wrap my head around it. For example I want to define a schedule for Dec20-Jan1 for every year and call it vacation schedule, how do I do this with Spud's plugin?
                              cheers.

Comment

Hello Spud. Very interesting plugin, feature set so far seems to help make up for some basic native HS3 shortcomings during my testing.

A few possible requests, if they are possible and maybe useful?

1. Add an "EasyTrigger: If a 'Device Type' has had its value:

a. just set or changed
                                b. changed
                                c. (any other scenarios that are useful and feasible)

HS3 appears to maintain a list of known device types you could generate a selection list from.

A scenario for me is if:

Device Type = "Z-Wave Motion Sensor" has a value that was set or changed, then run SCRIPT xyz.

This would help to eliminate having to create an event for each motion type sensor or remembering to modify any events for a global device type when one is removed and re-added.

From my experimentation the only way around this is to write a script using a callback and monitor for the Device_Type_String while enurmating the device class of all objects.

2. If you are able to support "extended" type HomeSeer variables?

Ultrajones looks like he added other vars to his plugins to make up for more HS3 shortcomings:

"Replacement Variable By Device Ref"
                                eg, $$DCR:{ref}: = Device Last Change

I use these in some of the plugins that I bought by him.

I think it would be neat for these to be supported by more plugins.

3. if you are able to set some kind of variables that define:

a. reference # of the device that caused EasyTrigger to fire.
                                b. equivalent of "DeviceScriptChange"

Apparently in some other recent post, MrHappy indicated homeseer broke sending this similar data to scripts as parameters.

At the rate HS3 fixes things, we'll have better luck having plugin authors like you put in features to make it for losing it.

Apologies in advance if others have requested similar features in the past.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X