[Suggestion] Pull zone names from EVL3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Suggestion] Pull zone names from EVL3

I'm not a programmer so I don't know if there's a lot of effort involved with this. I do know it's possible since I just moved over to the Vera and the EVL3 plugin on the Vera was able to populate zone names from the panel.

I investigated a little, and it seems like it's possible by entering programming mode and reading zones data.
    If there is a lot of demand for this feature, I will give it a shot, but I would need help for testing because I don't have an Ademco panel to test with.

Comment

+1

This would be great to be able to set the names in the EVL3 for Ademco and not have to figure out/rename them in Homeseer.

I normally don't like fooling around with beta's any more but I do add/change things on my Ademco enough that this might be worth testing.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        I investigated a little, and it seems like it's possible by entering programming mode and reading zones data.
        If there is a lot of demand for this feature, I will give it a shot, but I would need help for testing because I don't have an Ademco panel to test with.
        Ok, if you need someone to test I'm happy to do so. My panel is not monitored yet so I don't mind tinkering with it. And it's not a big deal if it needs to be reset.

Comment

Looks like this was not put in?

I'd like this also - major PITA to rename everything... especially after you uninstall/reinstall the plugin when it is not working... and have to spend another hour renaming everything, again.

At min, please have an INI file where we can quickly copy/paste names into and save the INI for backup/recovery.

Comment

Bumping this as I now have to set 27 devices by hand... the Vera plugin pulls in Zone names automatically. Maybe you can look at the code there (Vera plugins are free, and source is also) and pull it into your code?

Would still like a backup/recovery method though

Comment

in version 3.0.0.26 available here you can rename and set the type of each zone from the Config page. Clik the "Update zone devices" button once everything is configured to update your devices.
              The names and types are then store in the EnvisaLinkAdemco.ini file.

Click image for larger version

Name:	config2.png
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1191575

Click image for larger version

Name:	devices2.png
Views:	1
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1191576

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                in version 3.0.0.26 available here you can rename and set the type of each zone from the Config page. Clik the "Update zone devices" button once everything is configured to update your devices.
                The names and types are then store in the EnvisaLinkAdemco.ini file.

[ATTACH]62263[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]62264[/ATTACH]
                I can live with this solution. I keep my zones in a spreedsheet anyway. Shouldn't be too hard to generate a list for the ini file from that.

Comment

Working...
                X