WiFi Irrigation Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WiFi Irrigation Timer

Has anyone tried the Melnor RAINCLOUD WiFi Irrigation Timer? I'm wondering if there's a way to get it working with HomeSeer. Has anyone tired? Her's a link to it -
    https://www.amazon.com/Melnor-RAINCL.../dp/B01MZE8J1R

I just bought the Melnor RainCloud system and came here looking to see how I could interface it with HomeSeer. FYI - the RainCloud unit I purchased requires a wired LAN connection to the controller. It appears the WiFi version is branded Melnor AquaTimer. I'll keep looking for a way to interface with Homeseer but for now I will use their Web/mobile interface.

Comment

It does not appear the API is published so not likely that a Homeseer integration is likely.

Comment

I just ordered one. I'm hoping to trace the packets it sends in and out of the network to see what it's doing and then somehow reverse engineer it. I don't know if I'll succeed, but that's my plan .

Comment

Python Library

I just stumbled across a Python library that is supposed to interface with the RainCloud.

https://github.com/tchellomello/raincloudy

Maybe that will get you a head start.

Comment

Originally posted by george_holmes View Post
            I just bought the Melnor RainCloud system and came here looking to see how I could interface it with HomeSeer. FYI - the RainCloud unit I purchased requires a wired LAN connection to the controller. It appears the WiFi version is branded Melnor AquaTimer. I'll keep looking for a way to interface with Homeseer but for now I will use their Web/mobile interface.

I know I'm digging up an old post. How does the value unit connect to the control unit? Is it wifi or just proprietary wireless connection?

thanks,

Jim

Comment

I have updated Tasmota firmware that is typically used with Sonoff or similar that have relay control for use as irrigation controller. The Sonoff 4CH Pro goes for around $25 which will give 4 channel via WiFi. It can also be slaved to a smarter controller such as could be provided by HS. Single channel Sonoff basic is around $5 from manufacturer Itead. Multiple units can be combined. Using 8 channel relay modules is also possible, but I have not tested this route.

Comment

Working...
              X